*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
For the kids, pass.

Graphics look crap as well, probably to compensate for the dodgy Dice/EA netcode and 128 players.

Depends what you want when playing, some turns down settings due to game engine looks great even at lower settings.
You want a good cpu for this game, might really take advantage of those 16 core amd cpus.

you can turn on ray tracing and the game looks pretty but you be dead with the framerates you have.
DICE game engine makes game look great, crap isn't the word I use.

Netcode could be an issue but having massive battles, works for me

Associate
Can't wait to play it. Do you think there will be open beta before the release? The only downside is it will probably release on the same week as Lost Ark which is also highly anticipated game.

Underboss
"real gameplay"

- 20 people sitting on rooftops sniping from a building in their base trying to score elite headshots across the map who finish with 1-6 deaths
- clueless tank players sitting in base
- helicopter duo pro raping from the sky

Don't forget DG sitting in spawn spamming motars.

Associate
I really enjoyed the footage. Obvs heavily edited to show exactly what they wanted, I got a good vibe for ‘fun’ and it looked amazing

long way to go before release but thumbs up so far.

Associate
I'm not sold on the gameplay trailer nothing really wow'd me and I feel like nothing is particularly new, will I buy it..yes. 128 players interests me however could end up just being certain choke points and spam like BF3 metro would be on 64ppl.

Caporegime
The demo "beta" is the way to go then see how it goes from there, though usually the demo "beta" has a pretty crap map in it.

I do think that some maps are going to be very clustered and some a bit sparse as they'll likely go a bit overboard for the new player count.

Wouldn't shock me to see metro yet again returning as dice think it's a "popular map", when the reality is it's a terrible map that only gets used for faster rank ups.

Soldato
You know what over a year I have not been playing online FPS games I have had my hopes this would be decent but the two trailers released just isn't doing it for me :( I will wait till I play it before making my mind up.

The highlight of the Xbox E3 was Halo infinite online trailer I can get behind that.

Associate
You know what over a year I have not been playing online FPS games I have had my hopes this would be decent but the two trailers released just isn't doing it for me :( I will wait till I play it before making my mind up.

The highlight of the Xbox E3 was Halo infinite online trailer I can get behind that.
Was happily surprised with halo, looked like it was back to its roots!

Soldato
Two thoughts from watching the trailer:

1. 128 players is going to mean the CPU requirements for this are going to be (I assume) quite high.

2. Again 128 players might bring more of a Planetside 2 vibe to the game. Especially as it's futuristic too.

It looks good. Reminds me a lot of BF3 and BF4. Especially that skyscraper.

Back
Top Bottom