Spec me a stand for two monitors

Soldato
I currently have an Acer Nitro XB273 27" 4k monitor (4.5 kg) and an Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440p (8 kg) monitor side by side. This isn't working for me on the straight desk I now have. I'd like to try having them stacked one above the other. Which monitor stand should I use? I'll probably have the 34" monitor above the 27". I want one that uses a desk clamp - no drilling holes - and I want the monitors to sit as far back as possible.

OCUK's selection of monitor stands doesn't seem to have one that meets my needs.

Soldato
OP
Ergotron's stand can't cope with the weights of the monitors I use. Well, used to use as I've just broken the PG348Q. I bought one from one of OCUK's competitors which advertised a greater (10kg) weight tolerance and it's only just enough.

Soldato
Associate
the nature of a pole with two VESA mounts doesn't lend itself well to supporting extreme weight. That design inherently puts nearly all the strain on the horizontal arm, so I don't think there would be any that could support an ultrawide alongside another monitor, especially one above the other. I looked into this a few years ago and ended up giving up. You might be better off getting one solid ergotron arm for the ultrawide, and one standard pole mount for the other one.

Associate
Can also recommend Duronic. I use 2 separate poles for both my home and work setup now, but I'm a side-by-side guy. I'll be trying stacked monitors on one pole when I do my next upgrade though - seems like it'd be doable with the Duronic stuff available.

Back
Top Bottom