**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
The brightness curve on the Poco F3 is terrible indoors, it is so dim compared to the redmi note 10 pro.

Nearly 80% just to have a good viewing screen.

Both also seem to have proximity sensor bugs, screen stays on during a call.

I guess you get what you pay for....

That's interesting. I heard the F3 supposed to get quite bright on auto brightness. I've heard of the proximity sensor bugs, is that something they can fix?

Caporegime
Few more niggles with Poco F3
  • Funnily enough ^ - I am not sure the auto brightness does the best job and have noticed a couple of proximity sensor bugs
  • A new bug has appeared that randomly shows a massive Spotify notification in the tray, you can swipe it away but it just comes back. And it shows even when you have Spotify closed
  • SoT still disappointing but standby time is great
  • Night camera - ha!
  • The maximum volume on my headphones is definitely down but the loudness of the stereo speakers is pretty good (coming from a Note9 with one broken speaker)
  • YouTube Vanced in PIP mode seems to get a bit confused
  • You can tell the smaller refinements Samsung had, once you have gone to another/cheaper brand
  • I still have no idea how to manage the app draw groups :o - can only figure out how to add/remove apps when assigning a new group and not with an existing group
It's still a great phone and some of the above can be addressed with tweaking/updates.

Associate
Few more niggles with Poco F3
  • Funnily enough ^ - I am not sure the auto brightness does the best job and have noticed a couple of proximity sensor bugs
  • A new bug has appeared that randomly shows a massive Spotify notification in the tray, you can swipe it away but it just comes back. And it shows even when you have Spotify closed
  • SoT still disappointing but standby time is great
  • Night camera - ha!
  • The maximum volume on my headphones is definitely down but the loudness of the stereo speakers is pretty good (coming from a Note9 with one broken speaker)
  • YouTube Vanced in PIP mode seems to get a bit confused
  • You can tell the smaller refinements Samsung had, once you have gone to another/cheaper brand
  • I still have no idea how to manage the app draw groups :o - can only figure out how to add/remove apps when assigning a new group and not with an existing group
It's still a great phone and some of the above can be addressed with tweaking/updates.

Are you using 120hz? I'm thinking about dropping to 60hz to see if it helps with the sot

Caporegime
Are you using 120hz? I'm thinking about dropping to 60hz to see if it helps with the sot
Yes I am but don't really want to go back to 60Hz, one thing I could do though is use 60Hz on my cycles as needing a bright and high contrast screen can take it down quickly. I managed 8am on Saturday until 1pm the next day - fantastic! Yet the SoT was less than 3 hours :(:confused::p!

Soldato
Does anyone here with the F3 have any issues with fingerprint scanner like the poster above? I was considering giving it a try but having a good fingerprint scanner is important to me

Have you noticed any stutters in chrome on your x3 pro? @Big.Wayne

Received my X3 Pro today and the fingerprint scanner is flawless, pretty much immediate upon brushing your thumb/finger over it.

I've only had my phone for a couple of hours but I'm very impressed so far given the price.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I am but don't really want to go back to 60Hz, one thing I could do though is use 60Hz on my cycles as needing a bright and high contrast screen can take it down quickly. I managed 8am on Saturday until 1pm the next day - fantastic! Yet the SoT was less than 3 hours :(:confused::p!

I went back to 60hz mode a couple of days ago and the battery is night and day.

Soldato
Couple of weeks in and still happy with the X3 Pro. Haven't tested every function but slowly getting there. Used the GPS a few times to navigate and worked well. Some friends told me my call quality wasn't so hot but wasn't sure if that was the phone or my soundcore Bluetooth headset so did some digging into the options to see what was going on. It turns out the X3 Pro uses my WiFi for phone calls by default? (Internet calling) so turned that off, I also saw a Bluetooth option for AAC so switched that on also. Now I have the best call quality my friends have heard lol!. Not sure what that Internet calling is all about but probably for folk with PAYG or low minutes maybe?

Still running 60Hz but will test 120Hz soon. Used the headphone jack with my Steelseries gaming headset, worked well for voice and audio. I don't use the auto brightness in the evenings as it goes too dark. I never really use auto brightness anyway. No problems using this display in the bright sun, panel goes bright enough. Onboard audio is ok, better than any phone I used. The camera seems decent too, has quite a nice wide angle and a 2x telephoto which I'm using for macro. Didn't test out all the video and photo and editing options yet. I need to tinker with the photo settings as I'm getting two images for every photo? One web friendly smaller photo and a second large high Res version.

Played a little COD mobile and ran well, the phone got warm but not hot and everything seemed to play nicely. I still need a keyboard and mouse to properly game though so will look into that.

Oh yeah finally I've seen some adverts, they are included in the free apps like file manager, audio player etc. Basically the same as a free app from the app store.

Around £200 for an unlocked Android 11 phone driven by a decent Snapdragon SOC, 8GB ram, 256GB fast ROM, large display seems like a nice deal to me. Liking the POCO brand so far! :D

Associate
Any recommendations on an upgrade from a OnePlus 7T? Was tempted to just get a Pixel 4a 5G

I've had the OnePlus 1, 3T, 6 and 7T but I think I'm finally done with them as a company, they seem to get buggier with every release and imo there phones aren't worth the money anymore

Soldato
Any recommendations on an upgrade from a OnePlus 7T? Was tempted to just get a Pixel 4a 5G

I've had the OnePlus 1, 3T, 6 and 7T but I think I'm finally done with them as a company, they seem to get buggier with every release and imo there phones aren't worth the money anymore

My 9 Pro has been solid as a rock. And so was my 8 Pro and my 5.

Soldato
Would you mind sharing the steps to do this?
Settings > SIM card and mobile networks > [your SIM card 1 or 2] > SIM card settings, scroll down to bottom of page and uncheck "Make calls using Wi-Fi"

Settings > Bluetooth > next to your Bluetooth device there is a small arrow on the right pointing to the right like this ">" Paired Bluetooth device scroll down to bottom of page and make sure AAC is enabled (if your device supports it?).

I'm using a Soundcore Life Q20 Bluetooth headset which when paired didn't enable AAC by default, said something about the audio may cut out but if I wanted to enable AAC I could in the options... so I did.

Hope this helps! :)

Associate
When I upgraded my phone (about 6 months ago), the best bang for buck around the £200 mark was the POCO X3 NFC. Is that still the case? I'm happy with my phone, my son-in-law's phone is reday for updgarade. Just checking if there is anything better around. £200 is the absolute max.

Back
Top Bottom