• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6700xt Curiosity

Associate
I've been looking at these cards for weeks now and they all seem to be priced over £750 and was wondering is it pricey for the businesses to bring them in this meaning they are selling for more or are they all just sticking to that price range. I'm only asking this because it seems like there easy to get your hands on and yet there MSRP should be around £500 I think so was wondering why is the price so high.

Associate
I've been looking at these cards for weeks now and they all seem to be priced over £750 and was wondering is it pricey for the businesses to bring them in this meaning they are selling for more or are they all just sticking to that price range. I'm only asking this because it seems like there easy to get your hands on and yet there MSRP should be around £500 I think so was wondering why is the price so high.

they should be around the £500-600 mark but a good card and sooner or later you do need to buy something

Associate
I think these cards will start to lower in price, I reckon as these chips are smaller then the ones used for the new consoles and seems like TMSC is dealing with producing these chips then Samsung are with Ampere, we should be seeing decent stock coming from AMD, if you look at the 5000 series CPU line, thats plenty in stock now.

I think the shortage looks like its only gonna affect Nvidia and AMD are likely to come out of it, just waiting on the 6800XT to come into stock and prices to go down, would love to know OCUK analysis on how AMD gpus are coming into the channel.

Associate
OP
I think these cards will start to lower in price, I reckon as these chips are smaller then the ones used for the new consoles and seems like TMSC is dealing with producing these chips then Samsung are with Ampere, we should be seeing decent stock coming from AMD, if you look at the 5000 series CPU line, thats plenty in stock now.

I think the shortage looks like its only gonna affect Nvidia and AMD are likely to come out of it, just waiting on the 6800XT to come into stock and prices to go down, would love to know OCUK analysis on how AMD gpus are coming into the channel.
I really hope so and yea that was also a reason for this post, I was hoping someone in the know of how the GPUs are coming in might shed a little light on how the availability of the GPUs is doing. Haven't even looked at the 5000 series but that seems like a good sign.

Associate
I really hope so and yea that was also a reason for this post, I was hoping someone in the know of how the GPUs are coming in might shed a little light on how the availability of the GPUs is doing. Haven't even looked at the 5000 series but that seems like a good sign.

5000 series cpu

no sign of any 5000 series gpus

Back
Top Bottom