*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Advance Wars was the only interesting thing there, and that's just a remake of 1 and 2 (the best ones though).

It was already announced a few days ago that no new Switch hardware would be shown.

Advance Wars is cool, I loved the originals but find it very hard to get that excited about a remake 20 years later.

I just wish we'd seen more NEW stuff this E3. Kinda disappointed the Mario Party wasnt DLC or content for the existing too. That felt pretty money grab.
ACNH is also feeling very neglected at this point given how many copies sold and how much content from older titles is missing.

Soldato
I wonder if there will be a pro now, might just be a whole new system.

This IMO, the switch is coming to the end of its life cycle, I’m not really sure there is a need for a refreshed version. It’s already a 4 year old console.

Don’t forget the xbone and PS4 had a really long life cycle.

They’d be better off just going for a switch 2.

Man of Honour
This IMO, the switch is coming to the end of its life cycle, I’m not really sure there is a need for a refreshed version. It’s already a 4 year old console.

Don’t forget the xbone and PS4 had a really long life cycle.

They’d be better off just going for a switch 2.

It's just over half way thorugh the lifecycle, the average cycle is 7 years.

Soldato
It's just over half way thorugh the lifecycle, the average cycle is 7 years.

Between the N64 and The Wii each console had a life of 6 years, the Wii U was only 5 years. The Switch is 4 years old (March 2017) already. So on Nintendo’s past history it’s got 1/3 of its life left before its replaced.

Associate
Even though I'm more of a Metroid Prime fan than the classic Metroid, I am really interested in Metroid Dread - watching a bit of the post-Direct gameplay stream, it looks really slick & polished with a lot of complexity in the move set, great animation etc. It's also nice that it's out fairly soon. Of course I'm interested in Breath of The wild 2 but it's some way away, so not going to get too carried away. For the rest ? I've some interest in Advanced Wars & Fatal Frame, but probably won't buy them. Disappointed to not see anything at all of Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3.
So it's all about Metroid Dread for me.

Associate
Metroid :D. Day 1 for one, will try to grab the special edition as well, sucker for steelbooks.
And Metroid has the potential to be a great looking steelbook at that!

I was actually quite hyped to see some footage of Mario golf. I was already interested in it but hadn't seen anything so finding out it's got loads of crazy modes that actually seem like they could be fun was great. It was nice to go in blind to keep some of the excitement alive. Honourable mentions for Monkey Ball, Warioware and Advanced Wars. Not necessarily purchases for me but I'd probably grab them if they went cheap down the line.

Man of Honour
Between the N64 and The Wii each console had a life of 6 years, the Wii U was only 5 years. The Switch is 4 years old (March 2017) already. So on Nintendo’s past history it’s got 1/3 of its life left before its replaced.
4/7 and 4/6 isn’t a big difference, either way there are multiple years left.

Man of Honour
Folk saying there was nothing decent on show must have missed Zelda and Metroid.

So happy Metroid is back to 2D!

We didn’t see anything new from Zelda and we already knew it was in development.

I would have loved a new 2D Metroid years ago but Metroidvanias are so good these days that I’m concerned Nintendo can’t keep up in the genre they defined.

Back
Top Bottom