*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think Battlefield has ever has such a wide appeal compared to COD. This is just from what friends I know play/played.

Perhaps a BR mode would help it bridge that gap.

Soldato
Yup, need to attract a big chunk of the Warzone crowd. If they do they’ll be in the money for sure.
I also expect that Warzone players that havent bought Modern Warfare or Cold War (like some of my mates) would happily pay £50 for a Warzone type game that has less cheaters. They havent bought the game but occasionally buy cod points to buy things like skins

For me it all hangs on the game mechanics and how it ‘feels’
Modern Battlefield games have just as many cheaters and I really can't see the majority forking out $60 when Warzone, Apex and Fornite are free and constantly updated.

Caporegime
Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think Battlefield has ever has such a wide appeal compared to COD. This is just from what friends I know play/played.

Perhaps a BR mode would help it bridge that gap.

It did for years , when it went on hiatus after 2142 cod MW came out and that's when the gap between them opened.

Soldato
I cant see it being Battle Royale, they said categorically that there would be no Battle Royale, whatever the new mode is, I dont think its BR
As @loftie said, it's not BR, it's 'Battle Quarter Pounder with no cheese'

Call it what you want, it sounds like BR to me

High stakes, squad based gameplay where good comms are needed and sweaty palm tension building moments

Caporegime
that makes sense with the parawinged gliding suits. what was that map where you parachuted off like this map ?
Oh I can't remember the name but it was a BF3 map and you only did the jump in Rush. Damavand Peak. Just came to me. The one with the tunnel up the middle.

Man of Honour
As @loftie said, it's not BR, it's 'Battle Quarter Pounder with no cheese'

Call it what you want, it sounds like BR to me

High stakes, squad based gameplay where good comms are needed and sweaty palm tension building moments

That doesnt sound at all like BR to me, the key feature of BR is that its a last man(squad) standing mode. Thats the very definition of BR. Theres nothing in the description above which makes any mention of last man standing. In fact, the games Post Scriptum, Squad and Hell Let Loose fit the description of squad based gameplay where good comms are needed and sweaty palm tension building moments and none of them are in any way BR. That description doesnt sound like BR to me, not without the last man standing feature, without last man standing it quite literally isnt BR. I suspect folks who desperately want a BR mode are reading too much into it and will be disappointed

The rumours I've heard are that its going to be a mode similar to Escape from Tarkov, which would make a certain amount of sense, fits with the Hazard Zone name and would be a squad based high stakes mode where good comms is vital.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I’d imagine there will be a sliding scale, like if there are 60 players in the server then the bots might only be a dozen or so on each side. If there are 40+ players per side then perhaps no bots at all? This can likely be tweaked and I’d imagine any bots will be identifiable and if they start driving a tank for example (they may not even do so but who knows right now?) and you enter the tank you’re automatically the driver and the bot jumps on the secondary turret.

Back
Top Bottom