** Diablo 2 Resurrected Thread **

Soldato
Just an FYI but there is a github that exists that lets you play this without actually being invited to it, I don't want to break any rules by linking to it, but it exists all the same.

I don't really know why Blizzard limited the alpha tests like they have, maybe they're worried about being flooded with reports or overloading their bandwidth.

Soldato
OP
They likely don't need mass-testing for that client (which is what beta is for). Alpha testing would basically to just make sure the game "works" with a larger sample size that the internal team can muster themselves, and all the major systems work.

Associate
Can't wait to fire up my thousands of pounds of PC to play a 20 year old game :)
Actually gonna be great setting up a classic lan session again.

I nearly installed sids pirates yesterday :)

but back to the topic Corpse explosion here I come

shame i will not be able to play on lan but used to love this at the cafe

Associate
Can't wait to fire up my thousands of pounds of PC to play a 20 year old game :)
Actually gonna be great setting up a classic lan session again.
I mean. The gameplay they've shown looks awesome. True to the style of the game but updated with better graphics. I can't wait to play through it properly. I wonder if they've removed any of the qwerks and glitches that we all loved so much? Cow level? what cow level?

Associate
I know I'm just gona sound like a party pooper... but I'd rather have an accelerated development towards D4 then another re-master. After all WC3 remastered was a resounding success..... oh no wait....

Soldato
Oh I know that really. I meant more that if i had the power to make the decision to forcefully re-allocate the resources, that's what I'd do :D

The team that was hired to do D2R initially had nothing to do with Blizzard but after doing a great job on the game their now apart of Blizzard. It had no impact whatsoever on Diablo 4's development and I can't see how initially speaking to Vicarious Visions would have impacted development time with their other games.

Also bit unfair comparing it to WC3R, we've already played D2R and it's a fantastic remaster so far.

Associate
The team that was hired to do D2R initially had nothing to do with Blizzard but after doing a great job on the game their now apart of Blizzard. It had no impact whatsoever on Diablo 4's development and I can't see how initially speaking to Vicarious Visions would have impacted development time with their other games.

Also bit unfair comparing it to WC3R, we've already played D2R and it's a fantastic remaster so far.
Fair enough. I shouldn't be tarnishing those guys with the same brush, given that as you say they are an entirely separate entity. I stand corrected :)

Associate
I know I'm just gona sound like a party pooper... but I'd rather have an accelerated development towards D4 then another re-master. After all WC3 remastered was a resounding success..... oh no wait....

did you play diablo 2 back in the day

its hands down a better game than 3 way in every way d3 kept me amused for about 20 hours before it was tedium

Back
Top Bottom