• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

going to intel after 20+yrs need advice

Associate
If using the iGPU just as a backup then you just need any that can output to a screen.

If looking for one for any amount of gaming then you will most likely want a chip with UHD 750, the I5 11500 being the cheapest.

Its only going to run 2D and low requirement 3D games.

With the current climate of being unable to find any GPU for a decent price, the 11500 is a bargain buy - its somewhere between a GT 1030 and RX 550 for performance if judging by time spy points, yet you cannot find either of those GPUs at their £50-80 regular price point.

Another alternative is to wait for Intel's next gen which should be out by the end of the year and might have even better iGPUs. The upcoming Ryzen 5 APUs will still only have Vega graphics which around half as fast as an RX 550 which isnt at all much.

Soldato
I think mining with CPU is waste of electricity, not sure how much you can mine in a day with newer cpu but mine, 1700 earns like 20eu cents a day, i feel like my CPU is worth more then them 20cents a day.
its called spec mining tbh. ppl are mining monero in the hope it will go to the moon.

Associate
If using the iGPU just as a backup then you just need any that can output to a screen.

If looking for one for any amount of gaming then you will most likely want a chip with UHD 750, the I5 11500 being the cheapest.

Its only going to run 2D and low requirement 3D games.

With the current climate of being unable to find any GPU for a decent price, the 11500 is a bargain buy - its somewhere between a GT 1030 and RX 550 for performance if judging by time spy points, yet you cannot find either of those GPUs at their £50-80 regular price point.

Another alternative is to wait for Intel's next gen which should be out by the end of the year and might have even better iGPUs. The upcoming Ryzen 5 APUs will still only have Vega graphics which around half as fast as an RX 550 which isnt at all much.

The AMD APUs from the past few years are still better than anything Intel offer on the desktop, check the vids on the last page.

Basically the UHD 750 is only just faster than the Vega 3 from the chip he has :D , the entry level vega 3 in 4*** will be faster which cost ~£145 with 4c/8t and will drop into his board as will any of the newer APU that drop.

vega 3 from 3000G vs UHD750 vs Vega 8 (old Vega 8, not the revised one from 4300/4350 which is faster than old vega 11)

In terms of actual CPU performance I haven't got anything that I can easily compare as most of my chips are in distinctly low end hardware, generally the point for these things for me but my power constrained 35w 4300GE is more than a match for my similarly constrained Whiskey Lake and obviously anything of 5000 gen is going to far surpass it and anything Intel have.

Some geekbench numbers to see where it is at, note the Whiskey Lake is undervolted to give high sustained boost the 4300GE is out of the box numbers capped at 35w, a normal 4300/4350 would be much faster, the 5950 is in my server running slow CL22 ECC RAM but you can see single core is still quite a jump with 5000 series so these 5xxxG chips will be beasts.

Capture.png

Last edited:
Associate
The AMD APUs from the past few years are still better than anything Intel offer on the desktop, check the vids on the last page.

I honestly hate watching videos for something that can be shown in a simple graph or for tech reviews in general. I'm not a boomer.

Got a graph of the iGPU performances contrasted to each other and regular GPUs? At the least post a screenshot of the relevant information?

The only thing I can find in a normal article to go in is UHD 750 getting about 1050 points in Time Spy.

Associate
I'm not sure why the 4300GE doesn't show when it is in a compare, perhaps because it is not a legit chip you can buy, only OEM, also comes up as 300GE for some reason, it is not that, weird???

Also I think that 2400G I posted above was overclocked, here is my stock 3400G instead, basically same more or less same GPU as 2400G with newer CPU core, plenty of scope for more out of this with OC.

vega6-vs-vega11.png

Back
Top Bottom