Do I need a G Sync card on second PC for multi room setup?

Man of Honour
No - the receiving end will receive the frame data as an image and then output as per its local setup same as playing a video, etc.

Associate
OP
No - the receiving end will receive the frame data as an image and then output as per its local setup same as playing a video, etc.

So I need to find a GTX 1050 for the second PC to be able to output G Sync?

I was already planning as such, but the shortages don't help.

Will shop around for a 4K screen that supports both freesync and g sync if such exists.

Man of Honour
So I need to find a GTX 1050 for the second PC to be able to output G Sync?

I was already planning as such, but the shortages don't help.

Will shop around for a 4K screen that supports both freesync and g sync if such exists.

It is a difficult setup to properly support G-Sync as the frames aren't being generated locally to the receiving end so may be out of sync with G-Sync on the receiving end causing some irregular frame pacing.

Ideally you want a streaming setup that can render a fairly high frame rate either V-Sync or G-Sync into a reasonably high i.e. 100-120Hz or so V-Sync on the TV end.

Associate
OP
It is a difficult setup to properly support G-Sync as the frames aren't being generated locally to the receiving end so may be out of sync with G-Sync on the receiving end causing some irregular frame pacing.

Ideally you want a streaming setup that can render a fairly high frame rate either V-Sync or G-Sync into a reasonably high i.e. 100-120Hz or so V-Sync on the TV end.

LG CX TVs are specified to have both Freesync and G Sync, so it will look like I'll get one of those and try with v sync / freesync initially.

Back
Top Bottom