Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Soldato
So mine arrived on Monday morning as promised and I spent the rest of the day setting it up. Yesterday I ran Passmark 10.1 and got the following results
passmark2.png

which, apart from the memory, look pretty good. This is the Ryzen 5 5600H and RTX 3060 version with 32GB RAM. The SSDs are Hynix and the Wi-Fi is Intel - it's the wired LAN that's Realtek. For some reason CPUID isn't very helpful about the RAM and I haven't taken the back off (yet!) to see what it is.

Soldato
So mine arrived on Monday morning as promised and I spent the rest of the day setting it up. Yesterday I ran Passmark 10.1 and got the following results
passmark2.png

which, apart from the memory, look pretty good. This is the Ryzen 5 5600H and RTX 3060 version with 32GB RAM. The SSDs are Hynix and the Wi-Fi is Intel - it's the wired LAN that's Realtek. For some reason CPUID isn't very helpful about the RAM and I haven't taken the back off (yet!) to see what it is.

If same as mine will be Samsung M471A2K43DB1-CWE

Associate
passmark2.png

Use Zen Timings for more detailed info on the RAM :)

Soldato
What are the factors that control the individual scores?
In very simplistic terms, a better CPU, GPU or disk drive will give higher scores. For comparison, the i7-9700F in my desktop PC scores about 14,000; the GTX 1660 Ti scores about 11,000 and the Samsung 970 Evo scores about 15,000.
I recommend downloading the test suite from the Passmark web site as some of it is quite entertaining to watch and you will learn if there are potential bottlenecks in your system.

Associate
Guys when using the Usb c port of laptop (legion 5 pro) to digital port of my Samsung 28" UR550 UHD Monitor the laptop screen goes very dim, is there a reason for that, surely it isn't to much for the 3070?

Associate
Hey guys, my Stingray Legion 5 Pro 16 came today, and the first thing I did was check the ram and to my surprise it came with good timings. This is with 32GB direct from Lenovo online to the UK (from China).

Can I simply paste an image into this forum? Can't see how if so. However all the numbers in ZenTimings are identical to the new memory Jarrod used to get the extra speed.

Ram sticks are:
RMSA3320ME88HBF-3200 (16GB, SR)

Btw it's lovely in white. I'll try to take some good photos and maybe a vid later.

Associate
All the 32GB kits have decent timings I thought? It was the 16gb kits that were slow (partly timings and partly being single rank) unless I missed something?

Correct as far as I’m aware. I got the 16GB (2 x 8GB) and it is indeed the slower stuff. So far it’s run everything I’ve thrown at it more than happily at native res though so I’ll see if that continues to be the case before I consider upgrading the RAM. The difference was biggest at 1080p and I don’t intend to run at lower than native as it seems more than capable. I’d rather drop a few settings to high than reduce the resolution.

I’d really like to see the Stingray White model. I considered ordering it before they removed the option to customise. I love the Storm Grey though. Big fan of stealth. White is bold and special in its own way though.

Associate
Any of the 31/8/21 ers had a newer update? mine still says "in process" other than that email a few of us seemed to get.
Itching to get my hands on it now, surly wont be another 10 weeks.

Associate
Thanks.... I thought it would be dual rank but the SR shown in zentimings made me think it could be single rank..... Could there be single and dual rank versions sharing a model number?

Soldato
Can I simply paste an image into this forum? Can't see how if so. However all the numbers in ZenTimings are identical to the new memory Jarrod used to get the extra speed.
The images need to be on a web site somewhere as the 'insert image' button requires a URL. imgur.com is one possibility but I use a spare corner of my own web site that's reserved for the purpose. If you could just paste in the image it would need storing on the forum web site and this could amount to a large amount of storage over time.

Back
Top Bottom