• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
We’re too cheap, Amazon is 10k for a 3080Ti and they’ve sold one too lol.
Wow it seems like OCUK have a lot of 3090’s in stock which is good. My entire RIG costs the same amount as these cards lol ( and I have a 3080 in my PC too) :cry:. I can’t believe some dummy actually bought a 3080 Ti for £10k, they probably had no brain cells lol. At least companies including OcUK are getting some stock in for 3090’s its great to see, even though they aren't the best price ever. The GPU market seems to be slowly getting better, and prices are going down on ScalpBay

Associate
They had 2 in stock when I looked earlier, now showing one………
Your right too, I just checked now, and it’s sold by ‘them’ themselves. It’s not even a third party scalper either. £10,000!!! For a GPU. Crazy...

edit: surely someone’s not that dumb enough to buy a 3080 Ti for £10,000, which is x10 the original mrsp. I don’t believe that, you sure it’s not like a bot or something?

Associate
Anyone know what the situation is with LHR models? Have their been any writeups anywhere on how exactly they're gimped and if it effects performance in other applications?

Associate
Anyone know what the situation is with LHR models? Have their been any writeups anywhere on how exactly they're gimped and if it effects performance in other applications?
There are a few write ups but long story short:
* Hash rate is about 50% of non-LHR models for the same power consumption
* Gaming performance is unaffected
* The LHR is applied at silicon level and so cannot be bypassed, unlike the previous attempt at LHR.
That last point I am not positive of but believe it to be the case if someone else could confirm.

Associate
There are a few write ups but long story short:
* Hash rate is about 50% of non-LHR models for the same power consumption
* Gaming performance is unaffected
* The LHR is applied at silicon level and so cannot be bypassed, unlike the previous attempt at LHR.
That last point I am not positive of but believe it to be the case if someone else could confirm.

Has there been any info about how LHR affects rendering/benchmarking performance? Concerned that any LHR card might as well be gaming-only.

Soldato
Has there been any info about how LHR affects rendering/benchmarking performance? Concerned that any LHR card might as well be gaming-only.
LHR only effects performance on the ethereum algorithm, you can even mine other coins just fine also so rendering will be unaffected.

Associate
LHR only effects performance on the ethereum algorithm, you can even mine other coins just fine also so rendering will be unaffected.
I know very little about the processes of mining as it is, but I'd be really interested in seeing how they accomplished this: Detecting a very specific operation and only limiting that exact one, at the silicon level. Sounds interesting.

Associate
I know very little about the processes of mining as it is, but I'd be really interested in seeing how they accomplished this: Detecting a very specific operation and only limiting that exact one, at the silicon level. Sounds interesting.

absolutely. sounds a bit too good to be true. would rather avoid LHR altogether just in case.

Associate
I can’t believe some dummy actually bought a 3080 Ti for £10k,
Could be a company that has no choice but to pay whatever the price is because without it they are losing money and customers. Many businesses are over a barrel with finding supplies, it's either pay the price or shut the doors.

Back
Top Bottom