Poll: French Grand Prix 2021, Paul Ricard - Race 7/23

Rate the French Grand Prix 2021 out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
uAeA2TQ.png
Le Castellet
When was the track built?
Work began on pastis magnate Paul Ricard’s track in 1969, with French racers Jean-Pierre Beltoise and Henri Pescarolo acting as consultants on the layout. Racing began at the circuit a year later.

When was its first Grand Prix?
Formula 1 hit the Circuit Paul Ricard in 1971, with Jackie Stewart winning the inaugural race in his Tyrrell 003.

What’s the circuit like?
The Circuit Paul Ricard’s even distribution of high-, medium- and low-speed corners is a key reason why it’s one of the most used test circuits in the world (the typically good weather is another). F1 drivers love the 290km/h right-hander at Signes and the 5g joyride of the following Beausset bend, while the circuit’s 2018 return to the F1 calendar showed that the French Grand Prix track is a bit of an overtaking gem.

TV Times
Sky:
xGyFZfU.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 6pm
Sun - Race Highlights 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
7CEz0wy.png

Weather Forecast
lRDky2A.png

2019 Race highlights

WDC Standings
WA2IrDu.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
JS1aGHZ.png

Practice 1
SW96Vmy.png

Practice 2
JqlYqiZ.png

Practice 3
G1hMRGM.png

Qualifying
db8UrRM.png

Race
XC0MqEy.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
They need to turn the sprinklers on, but only on the straight.

Such a deathly dull track, it’s designed for testing and has all sorts of constant radius corners. Just so boring. Given MotoGP is more or less on st the same time I may just watch that instead.

Soldato
Looks like there might be some sprinkling on race day..
It could be a five minute shower at 8am and that would be enough for the forecast. It doesn't necessarily mean a chance or rain all day. People see a rain icon and immediately think "ooh, a wet race!" when it could equally be bone dry.

I'm not sure there's ever been a wet race at Paul Ricard. Let's hope there's some interesting weather though, as a hot, dry race is unlikely to be interesting.

In terms of modern F1 I doubt Magny-cours would be up to much with these cars either - indeed it would almost certainly be even more dull due to the fast sweepers with no camber.

Soldato
Annoyed that this weekend is France. It's Father's day and I said all I want to do is sack off my fatherly duties and all household duties for a day and watch the GP. Might have to get some wine opened to balance it out.

Make it into a drinking game.

Drink:
  • When Mazepin is a ****
  • When Crofty makes a fool of himself
  • Every time Bottas gets overtaken
  • When track limits get mentioned

:p

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Yes, @deuse because they all agreed that Pirelli would join the driver's briefing instead so every driver would be present. The 'original' article about this was clickbait.

As confirmed by Mark Hughes:

Actual explanation very routine and dull. They weren't all free at the original time so the very practical suggestion was made that Isola just attends the drivers briefing when they are guaranteed to be all there.

Multiple sources have also confirmed this, but it generated a tonne of clicks for the Daily Mail equivalent that decided to run the nonsense story.

Motorsport.com:

"No, no, we decided that tomorrow I will attend the drivers' briefing, because they will all be there anyway," the Italian informed. "It was just much easier to use that opportunity, because everyone is there anyway. It was at the indication of the drivers to do it all during one meeting."

Soldato
Yes, @deuse because they all agreed that Pirelli would join the driver's briefing instead so every driver would be present. The 'original' article about this was clickbait.

As confirmed by Mark Hughes:

Multiple sources have also confirmed this, but it generated a tonne of clicks for the Daily Mail equivalent that decided to run the nonsense story.

Motorsport.com:

I got it from the pre-practice stuff on sky.

Associate
Listened to practise on the BBC, quite amusing hearing the teams complain to Michael Massi about the curbs:
Michael Massi "I believe both the teams and drivers have asked for physical limits rather than timing penalties"

:D

Enjoyed the delivery of that line too! And the fact the kerbs were also there in 2019 as pointed out merc and red bull on the race director channel

Back
Top Bottom