Samsung eco bubble 9kg wont turn on

Soldato
As above really.

mrs called me and the washing machine gave up today its only 2.5 years old, she said it gave an error message so turned it off she was unable to tell me the code. I checked manual and unplugged it and left for 2 hours to discharge and reset but had made no difference.

when i press the power button the machine clicks 3 times (a sort of soft relay click from the display area) and then the child lock symbol comes up for a couple secs and then it turns back off again, rinse and repeat nothing else happens.

anyone have any experience with Samsung washing machines?

Caporegime
probably a faulty PCB

but did you at-least check the filters aren't blocked? with the machine off stick your hand in the hole where the pump is and turn it with your fingers see if it moves freely.
obviously if there's water in the machine it's going to flood out though.

check theres no kink or whatever in the water inlet/outlet pipe, probably not but you might as well check

also give it a hard slap high up near where the pcb will be sitting, maybe it's a loose connection or wire

Could be the release mechanism is stuck also assuming by logic why the child lock symbol flashes.

although googling finds
If the Child-Lock function is activated, the Child-Lock icon will start blinking.
did someone turn it on by mistake?.... @NoobCannon
The most common ways to activate and deactivate child lock are:

• press and hold the temp and spin/rinse buttons for three seconds
  • press and hold the - and + buttons for three seconds
  • press and hold the temp and spin buttons for three seconds
might wanna google for your exact model or check the manual though

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
probably a faulty PCB

but did you at-least check the filters aren't blocked? with the machine off stick your hand in the hole where the pump is and turn it with your fingers see if it moves freely.
obviously if there's water in the machine it's going to flood out though.

check theres no kink or whatever in the water inlet/outlet pipe, probably not but you might as well check

also give it a hard slap high up near where the pcb will be sitting, maybe it's a loose connection or wire

Could be the release mechanism is stuck also assuming by logic why the child lock symbol flashes.

although googling finds
did someone turn it on by mistake?.... @NoobCannon

might wanna google for your exact model or check the manual though

We use the child lock every day as my little boy presses the buttons Sometimes. It doesn't even get as far as giving me the option to remove the child lock it clicks 3 times the lock icon flashes and it turns off again.

ive already emptied out the water, checked the filter and i pulled the machine right out and it still wont turn on. Will try giving it a good old whack tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

will start getting onto Samsung monday and see if they will send someone to look at it

Soldato
If it was one of ours I would say door lock, pcb or wash heater. If it's not under warranty I'd try doing an insulation test at the plug if it's down to earth try disconnecting heater, motor and seeing if it passes insulation test.
Also think @oldcoals does Samsung although name doesn't work :(

Soldato
OP
If it was one of ours I would say door lock, pcb or wash heater. If it's not under warranty I'd try doing an insulation test at the plug if it's down to earth try disconnecting heater, motor and seeing if it passes insulation test.

Hi @Mr.Cookie Was hoping someone like you would reply.

have been onto Samsung and typically the warranty ran out 1/1/21. However they are gonna send someone to look at it gratis as the motor has a 10 year warranty, will cross my fingers and hope it doesn't end up costing me anything

edit :- out of pure interest i got my insulation tester out and got open circuit to earth on both live and neutral. (Ignore clip colour couldn't find my brown clip in the van)

AIX69mA.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@NoobCannon not teaching you to suck eggs but you have checked supply?

@radderfire a lot of manufacturers don't allow users access to errors, except the ones they can deal with. Hopefully this changes with new laws for ability to repair or whatever its called.

Yes mate also I tried 3 different sockets (using an extension lead) when the kids go bed i will try to take a quick video of what it does.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Mr.Cookie The guys been out today and told the missus it needs a new display. She said he plugged his laptop into it and then left saying he needs to order parts.

who knows! Wish i could have been here to ask!

Permabanned

PCB's failed on these, I have swapped out a few. :)

Back
Top Bottom