Your first posts as long term members

Man of Honour
AFAIK my first post as Rroff has long gone - I had another account before that circa 2005 IIRC but only posted like twice or something then didn't visit for a year and it got purged due to the use of a "disposable" email account as part of some anti-spam measure or something back then. IIRC my first ever post was asking a question about some fans.

Commissario
IIRC my first post, back when the fields were green, the sky was blue, the athlons looked like an overweight game cart, and the forums were black was to ask if the Atlon K6 600@750 was worth it and would it run ok on an Abit KA7 motherboard.
That was IIRC two full forum nukes ago, about 4 sets of forum hardware (at least) that I know of, 3 completely different sets of forum software and back when I just had a grey streak in my hair as opposed to it now being more grey with a dark streak:p

I think that summer was the first really hot one since what were then modern CPU's came out (needing not just a small heatsink and a 40mm fan), and alongside the early 3dcards it led to me posting "have you tried taking the side panel off your case and pointing a desk fan in it?" as a standard troubleshooting tip hundreds of times:p (most cases at the time had a single exhaust fan fitted if you were lucky, if you were really lucky the case had space for an intake fan).
Those were the days of the awesome Globalwin802* and the various different models of it that OCUK sold with names like "Tornado", "Storm" and "Extreme" although the "Extreme" was slightly mislabeled as it only came with Sunon fans, not the Mighty Delta Screamer, the fan for which the fan guard was not just a luxury, but an absolute essential unless you wanted to find out if your local hospital was any good at reattaching fingers and other important extremities. You really didn't want to do naked hardware upgrades with a delta screamer around, regardless of how it helped prevent static build up:eek: :p :D

*Extremely solidly built, tool-less access, tool less removal of the hard drives, a motherboard tray that pulled out the rear, optional card support riser kit (with the main bar a really strong U shape) to hold everything stable in transit, I still haven't seen any case that really combines all those features as well as it did, the only problem was it didn't have much cooling by default.

Last edited:
Soldato
My first were actually asking about pc stuff.
Nowadays it's just drivel, when I've got nothing better to do, like now on this bus ride to work :p

Haha, yes sounds familiar, we have transcended the trivialities of PC hardware problems and reached the heady highs of "spec me a toothbrush" :D

It appears my first post was asking about some difficulties upgrading from 512MB(!!) to 2GB of RAM

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...sibly-dual-channel-specific-problem.17528089/

Soldato
How do you even search that far back?

Like most of my posts, my first one was probably drunken nonsense. This place is a magnet for intoxicated brain farting. :D

Back
Top Bottom