Windows 10

Man of Honour
I decided to update Windows 10 yesterday only to find it had installed another piece of junk that I don't want, this information rubbish that pops up on the task bar. Luckily I found out how to turn it off after a bit of faffing around but I am getting fed up with them forcing all this crap on us.

If you are wondering how I only updated yesterday it's because I use Sledgehammer so that Windows updates when I want it to and not when it wants to. This way I escape any bugs or any other problems from new updates.

Soldato
I decided to update Windows 10 yesterday only to find it had installed another piece of junk that I don't want, this information rubbish that pops up on the task bar. Luckily I found out how to turn it off after a bit of faffing around but I am getting fed up with them forcing all this crap on us.
It is really dodgy that they included this within a "Quality" update which is not meant to include new features. There are reports of it messing up system tray icons and dual monitor setups.

I think they have done this now in preparation for Windows 11 which no longer includes live tiles in the Start Menu. They clearly still want a way to present promoted items.

Permabanned
It is really dodgy that they included this within a "Quality" update which is not meant to include new features. There are reports of it messing up system tray icons and dual monitor setups.

I think they have done this now in preparation for Windows 11 which no longer includes live tiles in the Start Menu. They clearly still want a way to present promoted items.

ofcourse it's dodgy it's a leak for crying out loud.

Associate
I am still confused why they even bothered with the number system they should have just called it windows (drop the numbering included in the name) and make the build number do all the talking..( ie Microsoft Windows [Version 11.0.xxxxx.xxxx]

Soldato
I am still confused why they even bothered with the number system they should have just called it windows (drop the numbering included in the name) and make the build number do all the talking..( ie Microsoft Windows [Version 11.0.xxxxx.xxxx]

Marketing. They need something "new" every so often so they can do a big song and dance about this new thing they have to sell.

Caporegime

;)

Back
Top Bottom