What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
36 here, been mainly playing Rocket League, Stationeers, DayZ. Cities Skylines, Satisfactory, Ostriv, Surviving Mars, PUBG, Rust, and a few other titles. One has too many games and not enough time to play them all.

Associate
Trying out some Phantasy Star Online New Genesis right now. But I don't think I'll be playing it for too long.

Hey! I am playing as well though currently using my partner's pc as my laptop is too old :(. IMO, it is good to spend around 1 hour in the game daily suitable for someone who only have free time to play after a long working day. Quite relaxing and no pressure from teammates like most MMORPG (Well, I was always the one to blame).

Hopefully, you are still enjoying the game.

Caporegime
Did people here find Shadow of War better than the first one, Shadow of Mordor or worse or the same? Nearly coming to the end of Mordor now and it's been pretty good. Shadow of War is a mahoosive 130GB with all the 4K textures and cinematics.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Did people here find Shadow of War better than the first one, Shadow of Mordor or worse or the same? Nearly coming to the end of Mordor now and it's been pretty good. Shadow of War is a mahoosive 130GB with all the 4K textures and cinematics.

I enjoyed the second one as well. It's got the nemesis system, and is about building up generals for sieges etc, bit more tactical than the first and a whole lot bigger.

Associate

I really enjoyed it for a while but eventually it felt a bit too big...spending a lot of time running around!

Associate

Personally I couldn't get in to Shadow of War the same that I did Shadow of Mordor. I loved Shadow of Mordor and played it to death, but I'm struggling to keep going with Shadow of War, it hasn't really drawn me in in the same way.

Soldato

Loved it. As someone above said, it did start to feel a bit too grindy/samey at the end but I'd finished the game at that point basically. Nemesis system can really lead to some fun moments. It makes dying not the end of the World but a developing part of it.

Caporegime
Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I might just play something else for a change of scenery before I start it [Shadow of War] then. Last thing I want is to give up in the middle because I played them both back to back. Do you still get to ride around on mounted beasts? It's really fun on the caragors.

Soldato
Personally I couldn't get in to Shadow of War the same that I did Shadow of Mordor. I loved Shadow of Mordor and played it to death, but I'm struggling to keep going with Shadow of War, it hasn't really drawn me in in the same way.
I found this too, and I’m not sure why. I think it felt a bit too big perhaps, and I don’t have much time to dedicate to it. I might install it again now though…

Soldato
Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I might just play something else for a change of scenery before I start it [Shadow of War] then. Last thing I want is to give up in the middle because I played them both back to back. Do you still get to ride around on mounted beasts? It's really fun on the caragors.

Oh yes. And even more interesting things.

Although it's been a while since I played, it does generally feel like they realised they had a good system with SoM, and just tried to polish it, rather than re-invent the wheel.

Taking a break between the two is probably a decent idea though. But definitely don't skip it. The nemesis system can really throw up some awesome moments. I still remember getting killed by someone relatively weak, he became a lot stronger, and in the end I had to leave the zone, since he was chasing me down and ambushing me and I couldn't beat him at the time. Came back to find he was now the big boss of the region, and had an epic fight with him.

Caporegime

Likewise, I think they're so similar I had burn out from playing the first one to death.

Soldato
44 here and mostly just Assetto Corsa Competizone.

However, my sim rig is in the attic and with the warm weather it's too hot for long races.

I'm on the downstairs PC working my way through Metro Exodus. Considering a replay of Alien Isolation after.

It's funny, racing I'm almost exclusively online with others, FPS and other games, I only really play single player games. Last MP game I played heavily was TF2.

Soldato
39 here, I've always been big into battlefield games but I downloaded black ops to play with my son. I didn't expect to enjoy it but I love it. I like how you can just play for 15 minutes so have more time to play. Battlefield seems hardly worth playing unless you have at least 40 minutes to an hour to spare.

Back
Top Bottom