LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Everyone uses their OLED different to others, it's a lottery panel some get burn-in others don't on different models it is as been a big debate for a long time, and I am not scaremongering anyone it was some tips that was written on AVS forum that I copied to this forum, I also an OLED owner:p

As I said above its how you use it mate, to avoid the possibility of burn-in is to mix you content don't play the same game every day for weeks drop the OLED light to 40 look it up and Sony and LG said the best way to prevent burn-in or image retention on their TVs is to avoid static images
https://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00173479

It isn't rubbish:)

Used to work at a place running print servers/rips 24/7 and more often than not someone would forget to turn the monitor off and leave it sitting on the EFI dashboard all weekend, sometimes two weeks over Christmas. An old iMac developed burn in from one of the hard interface lines, not all screens were susceptible to burn in but it put into perspective how long it takes for an image to permanently burn into a display.

with dimming, screensavers and auto power off switched on you have little to worry about. The online guides and advice are for people who don’t know any better.

Caporegime
Looks like richer sounds have the 48 CX up for a stonker of a price. £1193 but with a £100 off voucher which takes it to £1093 if my maths are correct.
Valid till tomo midnight so looks like I’ll be buying one later today or tomo to go with my series x console. Been after a decent gaming TV set and I was about to buy one earlier this year. But the 48” was still a little too expensive for my wallet.
Now that it’s down to £1093 with the £100 off, it’s a no brainer.

I already have the 55” C9 model and absolutely love the screen.

Caporegime
Costco are a fair bit cheaper, seen some amazing in-store deals on them as well.
Yes I heard Costco were doing or are doing them for £200 off the listed price. But sadly they don’t do any finance options. Richer sounds actually works out cheaper with their deal. It’s £983 with the buy now pay 6mths later, you pay a 10% deposit with their finance and Costco works out to £997 all in.

EDIT: ordered and will be delivered on Wednesday. Can’t wait to hook it up to my series x console. Finally get the chance to enjoy gaming in glorious OLED colours.

Last edited:
Soldato
Today TV - LG OLED48CX5LC £778.98 instore only (check hotukdeals.com for the deal), 48" 4K OLED with HDMI 2.1 and does 120Hz with Nvidia G-Sync.

55" also similar price too as the 48".

Soldato
Yes I heard Costco were doing or are doing them for £200 off the listed price. But sadly they don’t do any finance options. Richer sounds actually works out cheaper with their deal. It’s £983 with the buy now pay 6mths later, you pay a 10% deposit with their finance and Costco works out to £997 all in.

EDIT: ordered and will be delivered on Wednesday. Can’t wait to hook it up to my series x console. Finally get the chance to enjoy gaming in glorious OLED colours.

Yes they are doing it for LG OLED48CX5LC £778.98 Costco instore only and same for the 55" model too.

Associate
not all screens were susceptible to burn in but it put into perspective how long it takes for an image to permanently burn into a display. with dimming, screensavers and auto power off switched on you have little to worry about. The online guides and advice are for people who don’t know any better.

I agree the C9/CX/C1 have changed a lot from old OLED days, with anti burn -in features and LG have improved the panel with the -20% static logo Luminance, brightness dimming, Screen Shift to help with image retention.:) But the problem still remains is the user that don't follower advice/guide

Caporegime
Finally got my 48 cx this morning and set it up with my Xbox series x and wow what a picture :eek:

I already know just how great OLEDS are as I have a c9 in my living room.

But paired with my series x, I can finally enjoy crisp colourful gaming for a change.
Just have to get used to going from a 32” to a 48” as it’s quite a bit bigger.

Soldato
Hi all, would be interested to hear your thoughts on oled above a fireplace. I've posted photos of my proposal in thread below.

You will also see in below thread that the room is bay windows (south facing) will that be problematic with glare /reflections? Generally I watch TV in the evening and I have another larger room open plan (slightly smaller 55"tv) for daytime viewing.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...s-requirements-and-pics-of-proposal.18931963/

Associate
Well after reading reviews and this thread for a long time, finally picked myself up a 48” CX. Bought it from Costco as even though there wasn’t particularly any special deals on at my local one, still though £997 was a cracking price.

Not set it up yet as recently moved house and decorating the room it’s going in, which is going to be a game/man cave room. But now looking for a stand/entertainment unit for it to sit on along side a PS5/Xbox Series S. So looking forward to the OLED goodness!

Soldato
Picked up a 65 C9 off AVforums classified for £750 squids last night just in time for the footie tonight! Stonking telly.

I have the 55 B9 so after selling that probably only cost a £100 or so.

Soldato
So I've got my new cx 48 set up. Picked cinema bright room and all post processing e.g. sharpness , noise reduction to low/off following a guide.

The dark scenes and blacks looks amazing. But can't help and notice the grain in bright scenes. Is this to be expected?

Is it just the apps -netflix and Disney? Played rachet and clank on ps5 which looks stunning with no grain.

Back
Top Bottom