Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
Nice! I like the way you have your monitors mounted.
Thanks bud I still need to sort the lighting out so figuring out the best way to mount the Philip Hue lighting as deciding if it be better mounting directly to the back of the monitors or fabricate some sort of frame to tie wrap them to.

You can see them as they are at the moment sat on the desk which one is behind the PC in the corner. I was originally looking at another 34" but wanted my PC on show ha.

Soldato
lol hiding the bottles behind the monitor ??? small batch ..rum ?
btw not showing mine it's a mess .. going to get someone in to build me a desk in july into the alcove .. :)

I was going to say seeing that cheeky bottle at the back :D

Yeah need those supplies to keep me sane from the kids!, One bottle is Four Roses Small Batch (whiskey) and the other is a single malt from Wales of all places!

Soldato
My desk is a total mess, but the cables inside my PC are really tidy! :)

nvh1Rv0dDgIQjazXwxyumNOVby-krAZcNGXUWQfon3YpBeOGtDUWfCzmpccG8GNtCVSfuUSWBsVp_KDPtiZEw_TA9e06TtrOwCWVFmToS7PLH-8MuxrycpGVr1NyJtnDV1AEs0Ts5h6uW3-CT67_v0rfQW7nnXhSlrna7LYocHHCim2wWgoLve_Q2hYYrj-LxcG7KNzFCm73wlj3w0j0PlW6Ba9Ay-cTFc93A8PrP7PpaYy4OrYDIgfITp3msQNgbGOdcWxxGRD-n-U6TSwR9gVGN3RGLNlduvRmlMHQXDGo24fkuqpZnPjhyaYpDK35ugn8mUINAk5yoyHKY3Rp1QF72pOObSXkKrHxVjV4o8IeeeD458yzNOSS3UdpOZLcy9HNrgNFtglJ3HO6lc5S8H4m-ESL2x2eOGtzpQ6s868_IgbJgk12OtyQK6KR0Rn_mg_gJgmfdNS2uTZZ7MSEXf2SDGLZdey_Ve_-NzUQP0yOYu_JmMSMjkExYfjNL63TDppNHqE7PqxjA6B-PVoZOkxFOKvfY3FVvLvSP88tH7snvXmopk9-FRUWtUh-uMWsXPK1Zo-obJlXsckZSJqrbmLS2x8RiVjrNztv7vkggzOvVSVvS2uJ_9lWiotst9bxwszAGb7rQSeiZ7IbHc80R-Lvj6YQafGZ6XsUTPDWnxWbJd0nXkcGUlKt0IaFW1hU7bBlHBwQXqqUMWcl2MrcP2U0wQ=w992-h550-no

I can't even see it I just get an "IMG" message not even opening in another tab will reveal the glory of your desk :(

Soldato
Cross-post, thanks for the help earlier in the week chaps!

After buying my LG Q27q for upstairs, I got addicted to "one cable" transitioning between work places. I had to correct the downstairs setup...

PUEckJL.jpeg

1. Cable tray (I need to get them off the floor now the little one is a real pain with crawling and fiddling)
2. USB-C Laptop Charger (HP OEM)
3. USB-C Hub (USB C - HDMI, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB-C with PD)
4. USB-C Extension Lead

zQQIp3t.jpeg

5. KVM - this will have my mouse, keyboard, and monitor USBs plugged into it (Webcam, any other one-off things)

Outcome:
q84YWzh.jpeg

Everything piled into back of the desk.

9Dp5oPN.jpeg

Done... from 3 cables (power, HDMI and a USB 'swap' between my desktop and laptop to 1 cable plus KVM 'clicker'.

We'll see how the KVM gets on - it seems reasonable quality but I fear it may send juice down the wrong way :cry:

Edit! As a lesson learned for us all, whilst you can get usb c to usb 3.0 + hdmi/displayport: they are a measly 30hz. The trade off is usb 3.0 and 30hz, or I'm currently getting usb 2.0 and 144hz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom