• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

People who got GPUs, how did you do it?

Associate
Is this group still active? Had tried searching for but unfortunately couldn't find the appropriate group, just one providing links to Amazon cards at ridiculously over MRSP.

Still active - I could only find it via searching on google though, wasn't able to see it from the telegram search for some reason.

Soldato
You have a 2080ti... Use DLSS on cyberpunk ( a game that even struggles on this gen and people turn down settings) and BF. A 2080ti is more than capable to game at 2k with that card.. People are fighting over 3070's that are basically less powerful than a 2080ti and gaming even at 4k with them. You can even pass on the 30xx series and wait for next gen with your card.

Also you can sell your 2080ti and buy a card and not pay much more so your argument is a bit strange to me. One you have a card in high demand that can be sold for a lot right now and more than powerful enough for your resolution too.. Am I missing something here :confused:

Well yea, a 2080Ti is pretty much as good as the cards I have managed to get, a 3070 and an RX 6700XT so you're not exactly working with spit and shoestring there. When I said things are improving, they are, I've had a lot of alerts the last few days, tbh I'm going to turn them off now as it's getting annoying as I have a card, but, I can see the prices are falling a bit and if you can snag a forum drop from OcUK you can do better than what you see on a webpage of course, quite a lot better actually. But ....this isn't 3080s, it's 3060s, 3070s, 3090s, 6700XT's, a few 6800's, and 6900XT's ....no 3080s, I wouldn't expect to get hold one one of those for a while to be brutally honest, unless you get very lucky. I think the only way to acheive the performance you want is going to involve spending much more money and getting a 3090 or an RX 6900XT ...3080s are just not on the table at the moment, maybe they will be at some point soon, but considering I am seeing all the other cards other than the 'mythical' 3060Ti showing up now but not the 3080s at all ...well I would suggest probably not.

Associate
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NsfsI9o8sE_3W4gsflly4uaqVdNVwmcU/view?usp=sharing
view

view

A lot of luck got the 3070Ti yesterday, saw the notification on the Iphone, when using it at the perfect time. Didn't read the model at first had it added to the basket within 45 secs ish, had to authorise the payment via Bank app but all good, very happy. Prior I tired keeping an eye on the website but timing it perfectly is basically impossible.

4 mins later after completion sent details to mate but too late.

Need to be superfast, don't give up yet there will be more chances but you need your phone glued to your face :)

Associate
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NsfsI9o8sE_3W4gsflly4uaqVdNVwmcU/view?usp=sharing
view

view

A lot of luck got the 3070Ti yesterday, saw the notification on the Iphone, when using it at the perfect time. Didn't read the model at first had it added to the basket within 45 secs ish, had to authorise the payment via Bank app but all good, very happy. Prior I tired keeping an eye on the website but timing it perfectly is basically impossible.

4 mins later after completion sent details to mate but too late.

Need to be superfast, don't give up yet there will be more chances but you need your phone glued to your face :)

I pretty much had to blank a colleague mid conversation as my bank rejected it and blocked my card first and then after re-enabling it the verify purchase didn't come through. Still managed to snag a 3090 first attempt with the telegram group though.

Associate
I bagged a 3070 earlier this year, forget when -probably January. I got an alert from a discord server that there were stock available at a competitor.
I've kept the alerts enabled for some reason, don't really know why, just curious etc -my 3070 is fine for my needs. Have noticed though that I'm getting loads more alerts now for 3080 & 3080ti's the last few days so there's got to be more stock available atm.

Associate
I bagged a 3070 earlier this year, forget when -probably January. I got an alert from a discord server that there were stock available at a competitor.
I've kept the alerts enabled for some reason, don't really know why, just curious etc -my 3070 is fine for my needs. Have noticed though that I'm getting loads more alerts now for 3080 & 3080ti's the last few days so there's got to be more stock available atm.
Hope so, need a 3080 but would settle for a 3070 of the chance came to get one.

Associate
I got my 3070 FE just before Christmas on a stock alert, I just got lucky. I have since tried to get a 3080 or 3060 Ti but either the sites checkout was hammered or I might be restricted to 1 purchase. I feel for people that don't have a card yet that sucks. I expect this will continue until well into the next gen GPUs, 1-2 years. My stock alert currently has 1700 people in it.

Associate

The same here have no need to buy one but find it interesting

Associate
Basically I paid double msrp

Damn, I always think I was mad when I spent £600 for a 6800 mba card before xmas, but now I realised I wasn't mad enough

For my 6800 I followed gibbo thread on this forum, got alert some are available for purchase.

Now I have 3090fe still in the box, got it last week after saw a post on deal site, I was later for 3080fe by the time I got there but got the 3090fe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom