Your top ten youtube channels?

Permabanned
Which channel to you tend to watch the most and miss when they don't put anything up for a while?
For me....
1: Bald and Bankrupt
2: Harald Baldr
3: craigslist hunter
4: retro rick
5: Linus TT
6: Jayz 2 cents
7:Shrouded hand
8: ryukahr
9: Techmoan
10: LGR

Associate
I clearly watch way too much Youtube (lol :cry::()
  1. Scott Manly
  2. GN featuring tech Jesus
  3. Internet Historian
  4. F1 channel (not sure if this counts, as it's verging on being TV)
  5. Sci-show (I'm counting Space, Psych, Crash course, any other similar offshoots)
  6. CGP Grey
  7. Kurzgesagt
  8. The Coding Train
  9. Tom Scott
  10. The Operations Room
Honorable mentions: Jay Foreman, Jabrils, Brad Wistance, Paweł Zadrożniak, LTT, Tim Dodd

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll give you 5 random I subscribe to -

1. Soft White Underbelly
2. The Food Ranger
3. GuyKesTV
4. CruisingTheCut
5. ARTGER

Also subscribe to Bald and Bankrupt.

Soldato
In no particular order
  • Scott Manley
  • Tod's Workshop
  • Police Activity
  • Garand Thumb
  • Down to Earth Astronomy
  • Event Horizon
  • Everyday Astronaut
  • NASASpaceflight
  • Forgotten Weapons
  • WAB

Soldato
Generally just watch suggestions. Watched this the other day one of the best YouTube videos I've seen for a while. Then this put me onto the aircraft emergency genre so stayed with that for a few hours.

Soldato
Been watching

shiey
Kitboga
Brs tv
Athlean-x
Lorenzo Barone
Scotland’s mountains
Patrick Dickinson
Steve wallis
Survivorman
Bald bankrupt

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don’t get YouTube. The videos have pretty poor production, they constantly beg for you to follow them, everything seems very staged, the acting is poor. Yea, I watch the odd video but I’ve yet to find anything I’d watch a lot of. A few three minute videos are grand but people are seriously giving up TV for it? I don’t get it.

/oldman

Soldato
I really don’t get YouTube. The videos have pretty poor production, they constantly beg for you to follow them, everything seems very staged, the acting is poor. Yea, I watch the odd video but I’ve yet to find anything I’d watch a lot of. A few three minute videos are grand but people are seriously giving up TV for it? I don’t get it.

/oldman
Weird

Permabanned
OP
he's an angry person lol, he doesn't know how to search for stuff that makes him smile.
Last night I watched an old video of Harald eating a 1.6Kg steak and the staff telling him at the end it was on the house lol.

Associate

/oldman

It's a preference thing, Youtube tends to prey on the two extremes, short form populist media (think 4-5 minute compilation videos of cats or whatnot), and long form extremely specific content (think channels only about space travel, or software development, or maybe cult of personality channels). If you want medium length broad appeal content, TV and other traditional media is often still the way to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a preference thing, Youtube tends to prey on the two extremes, short form populist media (think 4-5 minute compilation video's of cats or whatnot), and long form extremely specific content (think channel only about space travel or software development). If you want medium length broad appeal content, TV and other traditional media is often still the way to go.

I guess that’s right, suppose I just like the broad appeal.

My girlfriend dips into some true crime stuff which is actually reasonably interesting but the hosts just grate on me.

I will keep an eye on this thread and see what comes up again and again, as I do appreciate I may not have given it a fair try.

Soldato
I guess that’s right, suppose I just like the broad appeal.

My girlfriend dips into some true crime stuff which is actually reasonably interesting but the hosts just grate on me.

I will keep an eye on this thread and see what comes up again and again, as I do appreciate I may not have given it a fair try.
What are your interests? Dig deep, even the most mundane things have a massive following (just search car washing videos lol).

Back
Top Bottom