8 PACK MEMORY RANGE GROWING: SAY HELLO TO 8 PACK RIPPED EDITION & 32GB KITS!!!

Associate
Got my RAM yesterday.

MOXIGHl.png

QywuRqz.png

TF13D432G3600HC14CDC01 - 2x16GB (32GB) TeamGroup Xtreem ARGB White 3600C14 14-15-15-35 1.45v

TF13D416G3600HC14CBK is the name of 1 module and you might start to see these on QVL very soon. 2 CBK modules = CDC01 retail SKU if that makes sense. Was about £290 once imported to UK.

I want to give TeamGroup some credit here. They have clearly been listening to reviews and possibly these forums. If anyone remembers the single rank ripped and ARGB had a weird XMP bug where it wouldn't apply itself properly on some motherboard and CPU-Z was also confused. I can confirm they have fixed this in the dual rank kit.

qyAwfKn.png

I'm now quite a fan of memtest86 for a kit you haven't put in your system before. No harm in running 1 cycle of it just to make sure everything is ok before you boot Windows. It also now has a temp reading for the RAM if you did have a temp sensor. A good diagnosis tool there that other popular programs don't have. Also passed tm5 anta777 and for good measure 1usmus_v3.

A nice way of seeing the power of single rank vs dual rank via linpack (don't run full threads way too hot). e.g. if you have a 5800x run 8 not 16.

Linpack single rank:

M1bPWMK.png

Linpack dual rank:

7I8RbNe.png

Completed 11 seconds faster and went from 287 flops to 334.

I was also pretty astounded by the XMP performance.

q9m9uql.png

Last edited:
Associate
Does setting the DOCP profile on this ram also handle SOC and VDDG voltage if needed?

Or will I have to tweak those manually?

I can only give my findings based on MSI motherboards but it should hold true for most.

Setting DOCP is strictly only to set the dram voltage and timings. It's up to the board to then decide based on dram frequency and fclk what soc and vddg to set. For example my single rank 16gb corsair kit was 3600 16-19-19-39. MSI would set a 1.0875v soc on xmp profile 1 and 1.0375v vsoc on profile 2 (exact same timings as confirmed via zentimings). Quite a stark difference for no apparent reason.

I expected since this was a dual rank kit that msi would then up the vsoc and other things for stability but it simply does not. This dual rank 3600c14 kit has the exact same behavior as the corsair. As in 1.0875v vsoc on xmp profile 1 and 1.0375v profile 2. This leads me to believe why the board decides this and not anything to do with the profile on the ram. All MSI does is say to itself "oh 3600 dram speed and an 1800 fclk = set this vsoc and corresponding vddg"

I made a thread about this on the MSI forums when I discovered the problem: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?...oards-vsoc-vddp-and-vddg.361474/#post-2051903

I don't know if the MSI forum admin was just telling some porkies to get out of dealing with the actual issue but he told me that in later agesa amd changed behavior of vsoc and other related voltages so now vddg can actually be higher than vsoc. It's for this reason I'm slightly hesitant to go around changing voltages on Zen 3. All I know is the voltages they have for either profile passes every test and that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still running the 8 pack CL16 3600 kit @CL14 3800 / 1900 FCLK, 1.5V daily. No problems at all

Nice low latency

TWMqkpc.png

Is that the "MY-002-8P" kit on OCUK? I think I have the same kit - "Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit"

I've never done any in-depth tweaking of component settings - I am limited to switching the XMP profile on and letting the Ryzen software "Auto-OC".

I came here to find out if and how I can get the most out of my memory kit. Safely of course.

Back
Top Bottom