*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Permabanned
OP
What a rubbish crystal ball. I’d take it back if it can’t even see 4 days ahead.

Wait... it said....

s17.png

Associate
Will we have to pay for Windows 11 if we have Windows 10? I though Microsoft were looking to do a subscription type thing with their OS's in the future

Soldato
Ah yes Windows 3.1, that was very nice and fast. I remember upgrading to win95 hating it and then going back to 3.1 for a long time. :)

If it was faster with less bloat then you probably made the right choice. :)

Will we have to pay for Windows 11 if we have Windows 10? I though Microsoft were looking to do a subscription type thing with their OS's in the future

New revenue stream model seems like the logical reason for it they can't just change it for 10 so release 11 and stop updates for 10 after a while to force everyone onto the new model

Soldato
Did you hear what he said in the video? He said he got it from his microsoft developer account and not the links online. That's very interesting because there is no where online says that microsoft released it to developers.

Yes, very interesting because I can 100% confirm this isn't on any publicly available Microsoft "Developer" programmes.

Associate
Considering I can activate the Windows 11 dev build with an old Windows 8 Pro key is be surprised if it wasn't a free upgrade again. They could change that by release but I doubt it.

Soldato
I dont even know where my "key" came from, when I sign into my Microsoft Account on a clean install it auto activates. I've only ever had 1 key and that was a Windows Vista key about 12+ years ago from college (I still have the disk and key sticker for some reason) which I'm pretty sure is completely invalid for windows 10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom