*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
All modern VR headsets have plastic lenses which are easily scratched. Prescription lenses are a no brainer, especially on the more expensive headsets. £60 for lenses, or £300 to £750 to replace your headset if the lenses get scratched.

I might give these a go, but Im not sure about the blue tint.? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254820097455?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Nice, thank you , let me know how much I owe you inc postage :)

I'll print out a set first, and try them to make sure they fit..

Soldato
Love getting these 30% off discounts, i get spates of not touching my VR cos i play other games but when i get a 30% off it gives me options to buy games i wouldn't want to pay full price for lol. Did this for Lone Echo last time and thoroughly enjoyed it, completed it in 3 days i was that immersed.

Soldato
I received the lens flim protectors today, but I need someone to stick them on for me. i have cleaned the lenses and looked at the lenses closely outside in the daylight to see if they were scratched at all and was presently surprised that there's not a mark on them. But I have been very wary with the experience of my DK2 headset, because just cleaning those lenses would scratch them, so Im even using the glasses spacer to try to avoid my eyebrows or eyelashes from touching the lens. Plus since having the Q2 I haven't wanted to look too closely at the Q2 lenses incase I saw scratches

Hopefully these flim protectors will be good and I will let you know guys...

Last edited:
Soldato
Well they are rubbish as they crease up in the top left corners (left is worse),, I was hoping that I wouldn't beable to see the creases, but I can, so they might have to come off....:mad:

Fc9oYm7.jpg

Soldato
Well they are rubbish as they crease up in the top left corners (left is worse),, I was hoping that I wouldn't beable to see the creases, but I can, so they might have to come off....:mad:

Fc9oYm7.jpg

That's bad. They don't look like they are applied correctly? I can see bubbles where they aren't sitting right.

Soldato
I have lifted the corners up and stuck them back down and its is better, not completely gone though, dammiit...Also if I zoom in it looks like the protectors are damaged,, or its the actual lens??

bYDQkqo.jpg

wv38ZQf.jpg

Soldato
I have lifted the corners up and stuck them back down and its is better, not completely gone though, dammiit...Also if I zoom in it looks like the protectors are damaged,, or its the actual lens??

bYDQkqo.jpg

wv38ZQf.jpg

It looks to me like it's the lenses protectors. You would have surely noticed damage like that on the lenses before putting them on. I wonder did little specs of dirt get in.

Or are they just really difficult to get on properly.

Soldato
It looks to me like it's the lenses protectors. You would have surely noticed damage like that on the lenses before putting them on. I wonder did little specs of dirt get in.

Or are they just really difficult to get on properly.
Well I cleaned them, then my mate did before applying the protectors. He did the left one twice but it creased in the same place.

Soldato
I have been on a killing spree for a hr playing Gorn and I cant see the mark and scratches in games/apps or looking at the lenes,, but the camera picks them up.. Hopefully the marks are on the protectors and not the lenses...
So even though Im not happy with the protectors, at least they are protecting the lenses hopefully.

Associate
I'd also consider Moss and Trover Saves The Universe if you don't have a PC to play via Link/VD.
If you do, grab these in a PC sale instead.

Soldato
VR Games are stale, all of them are old now to me and I need new quality experiences which simply do not get released any more. Do you think Facebook are abandoning VR?

I agree, it's getting a but stale, but it takes time to develop AAA titles, and Facebook have hinted there are some very big games in development.

The biggest game that's been announced is the RE4 VR conversion. OK, it's not a new game but RE4 is way bigger than just about any other native Quest game out there. The Dr. Beef ports are big games too, but not as modern or complex as RE4 (Doom 3 is probably the closest).

On PC at least you have all the sims, plus games like Lone Echo, Asgards Wrath, HL Alyx and a bunch of VR conversions like Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Permabanned
I agree, it's getting a but stale, but it takes time to develop AAA titles, and Facebook have hinted there are some very big games in development.

The biggest game that's been announced is the RE4 VR conversion. OK, it's not a new game but RE4 is way bigger than just about any other native Quest game out there. The Dr. Beef ports are big games too, but not as modern or complex as RE4 (Doom 3 is probably the closest).

On PC at least you have all the sims, plus games like Lone Echo, Asgards Wrath, HL Alyx and a bunch of VR conversions like Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Yah, but the Asgard Wrath ,HL Alyx, Arizona Sunshine,PC2, AC etc.. are good :) VR needs another group of games like this urgently , as I can't even be ars*d to put the headset on anymore. Maybe once a month for PC2.

Associate
VR Games are stale, all of them are old now to me and I need new quality experiences which simply do not get released any more. Do you think Facebook are abandoning VR?

No, I don't. Quest 2 sales outstripped expectations, and more developers are actually making decent money. Quest 3 is already in the pipeline.

Permabanned
No, I don't. Quest 2 sales outstripped expectations, and more developers are actually making decent money. Quest 3 is already in the pipeline.

So developers have found ways to make decent money off casuals by not releasing any quality AAA titles since the Golden Games (Asgard Wrath ,HL Alyx, Arizona Sunshine,PC2, AC etc..). Oh well.

I reckon there's no need for a Quest 3, they need to make far more quality AAA VR games that use the VR engine for immersion.

Back
Top Bottom