Getting rid of old car

Man of Honour
I just sold a cheap old car on FB Marketplace. I listed the known faults, took as many photos as I could and priced it slighly below most competition to get a fast sale. There were of course the usual idiots who asked for my best price or offered to take it off my hands for scrap value to do me a favour. There were a surprising number of people who didn't read the advert and asked if it had any of the faults I had deliberately listed. I think they should have gone to specsavers. One person even asked me to send him photos, clearly ignoring the multiple photos I had attached to the advert. Naturally I also had one guy agree to come round, delay to later in the day, then delay further, stop me going out that night and finally just not turn up.

That all comes with the territory. But after two days it sold for the asking price which was more than trade in, WBAC and similar convenience buyers were offering.

Soldato
Brakes balance/wear and front coil suspension spring.

Put it on ebay and it got taken at buyout within 20 mins... A bit suspicious but as will be cash on collection cant see anything obvious that can go wrong other than the buyer turning up then trying to low ball haggle.

So a few hundred worth of work to get those sorted. Not much at all really :(

Permabanned
As mentioned, Facebook Marketplace. Don't hold the car for anyone who promises to come and buy it though. Make it clear it's a first come, first served, situation.

true, i sold my car a few months ago and after all the promises and no shows 3 people turned up as one was viewing it, he bought the car for the full amount too.
that was from facebook marketplace.

Back
Top Bottom