Scratched my car

Permabanned
Toyota verso, spent just shy of 7k as it's I want to keep it for a good few years. And obviously I didn't know I would scratch it this bad lol

First set of scratches was a on a tight road with a fat pole and second set was on a bricks as I was reversing.

then leave it as there maybe more, dunno worry its the first motor doing what it should.
worry about it when you come to sell it if need be.

just enjoy the car :)

Soldato
trouble with black is it shows everything i own my only ever 2nd black car and already regretting it.
Black, silver & white are the modern most popular colours as cheapest to produce in the factory assembly line so car finance is less than the other options ...they are all hard to match if you need resprays...white pearls especially are very time consuming!

I would never ever own any car unless I really liked the colour :p

Man of Honour
Black, silver & white are the modern most popular colours as cheapest to produce in the factory assembly line so car finance is less than the other options ...they are all hard to match if you need resprays...white pearls especially are very time consuming!

I would never ever own any car unless I really liked the colour :p
Same here about never owning a car unless I liked the colour.

I've owned several black cars and I would have to really, really love the car to get another black one. They all mark so easily. I think the paint became a lot softer after the 1990's when I seem to recall that regulations changed the chemicals used in car paint. I had a metallic black car back then and it looked stunning even after a few years. But nowadays I see black cars with all sorts of marks on them. I have a black car which I've used for approx 4k miles. It's sat in the garage most of the time and I am very careful with it when driving. But I keep finding little marks on it. I went to view a black Mini recently and it was in terrible condition with scratches, marks and swirls over it. I think I'm just going to avoid black in future.

Permabanned
Same here about never owning a car unless I liked the colour.

I've owned several black cars and I would have to really, really love the car to get another black one. They all mark so easily. I think the paint became a lot softer after the 1990's when I seem to recall that regulations changed the chemicals used in car paint. I had a metallic black car back then and it looked stunning even after a few years. But nowadays I see black cars with all sorts of marks on them. I have a black car which I've used for approx 4k miles. It's sat in the garage most of the time and I am very careful with it when driving. But I keep finding little marks on it. I went to view a black Mini recently and it was in terrible condition with scratches, marks and swirls over it. I think I'm just going to avoid black in future.

black and swirls grrrrr

Soldato
This thread reminded me of a fellow worker a few years ago.

Always used public transport and out of the blue he announced that he had just purchased a car and would be driving into work. That same week he came over asked if I could have a look at his car as he had a minor accident on the flyover part at the start of the M4.

Went out expecting a scuff, the entire drivers side of the car was scrapped and dented from the front to the back. Asked him what happened, he was alongside a car in the outside lane, thought the car on the inside was coming into his lane, over-corrected (his words) and hit the central metal barrier.

Associate
This thread reminded me of a fellow worker a few years ago.

Always used public transport and out of the blue he announced that he had just purchased a car and would be driving into work. That same week he came over asked if I could have a look at his car as he had a minor accident on the flyover part at the start of the M4.

Went out expecting a scuff, the entire drivers side of the car was scrapped and dented from the front to the back. Asked him what happened, he was alongside a car in the outside lane, thought the car on the inside was coming into his lane, over-corrected (his words) and hit the central metal barrier.

Sounds like he should've stayed on the bus tbh. Hitting the central reservation? How tf? Must have the spatial awareness of a houseplant.

Back
Top Bottom