Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah, it's truly awful to be concerned about one of the biggest health problems in the country.
Yeah sure. Lots of concern going on around here.

Way more full on land whales around now. It was rare when I was a kid :/

Like my neighbours on one side. Both massive and barely fit through their front door.

But being fat is part of the whole "woke" culture too. Body acceptance and all that. I'm sure being body proud will keep heart attacks and diabetes away.
How anyone can turn being over weight to be a 'woke culture' issue is beyond me.

Soldato
Yeah, it's truly awful to be concerned about one of the biggest health problems in the country.

Obesity is not a problem for the country, it is a personal problem for the individual.

The idea is to force me to care, because of the increased cost to the NHS which my taxes are going. And for me to then develop some anti-mcdonalds rhetoric, or pro-sugar tax and stupid food labels in color coded nonsense.

Soldato
Way more full on land whales around now. It was rare when I was a kid :/

Like my neighbours on one side. Both massive and barely fit through their front door.

But being fat is part of the whole "woke" culture too. Body acceptance and all that. I'm sure being body proud will keep heart attacks and diabetes away.

The perfect example, even people's weight being bought into wokeism. Its really is endless. You are all just becoming a joke and are turning this campaign of yours into a meme. Congrats!

Soldato
How do you know that re: this campaign?

I think everyone is aware that M&S has used healthy models in the past but the comment is made about this campaign. As for being offended, what part of that poster's comment made you think he was "offended"? You seem to be more "offended" yourself, you've thrown in a silly emoji even as a sign of contempt but are still ironically complaining about others being offended.

Did you see the bit where I wrote
Some of you
it wasn't necessarily aimed at that poster. He does like to get outraged by what he thinking is wokeism though.

I think it more the other way around tbh... various woke people pop in to complain about the fact that a thread even exists or that people are critical of some woke or anti woke topic, in the cases where a thread gets locked or disappeared the outrage seems to be much more on the side of the work types, throwing in accusations of racism etc... just look at some of the locked threads.

That is your opinion. I disagree. I see more threads of outrage than I do by the "woke" on this forum. Many of the locked threads are because people take them widely off topic, get personal or just troll it until the admins have had enough.

Caporegime
How anyone can turn being over weight to be a 'woke culture' issue is beyond me.

Ironic that you're unfamiliar with a significant aspect of wokeness when you're very much a willing pawn when it comes to other aspects.

Critical theories include critical race theory, queer theory, gender studies, fat studies and postcolonial theory. You might be unaware of it but this is what drives lots of the now popular narratives on these topics.

While the thread title is rather uninformative and the actual action taken by M&S in introducing this new range uncontroversial in itself the way it has been presented with reference to George Floyd is rather cringe-worthy and the marketing for it with overweight and/or obese models, complete with stretch marks for some etc.. is right out of a woke playbook.

Soldato
Ironic that you're unfamiliar with a significant aspect of wokeness when you're very much a willing pawn when it comes to other aspects.

Critical theories include critical race theory, queer theory, gender studies, fat studies and postcolonial theory. You might be unaware of it but this is what drives lots of the now popular narratives on these topics.

While the thread title is rather uninformative and the actual action taken by M&S in introducing this new range uncontroversial in itself the way it has been presented with reference to George Floyd is rather cringe-worthy and the marketing for it with overweight and/or obese models, complete with stretch marks for some etc.. is right out of a woke playbook.

And apparently, even replying to the thread means that you're an enraged, outraged, frothing at the mouth and offended.

Caporegime

You find anything about him ironic? I think you bestow too much intelligence upon him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom