*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Just enabled TPM 2.0 in the bios and Windows 11 health checker still say NO! - Microsoft a biggest failure nightmare once again. I stick to windows 10 pro but switch to Linux Mint (sod Windows 11 for all I care!) lol - Microsoft don't like AMD!

Permabanned
Haswell onward (Intel Platform Trust Technology aka Intel PTT) have the support without the need for a TPM header but the Mobo Bios needs support it.

Soldato
I hope Microsoft ease up on these requirements though, as a lot of otherwise perfectly useable hardware is going to be abandoned.

I kinda see both sides of the coin. The requirement of a TPM beefs up the security, which is really going to be a huge focal point of the next decade.

But at the same time, i have a lot of VMs running windows 10, that'll undoubtedly be swapped for windows 11 VMs. The enterprise version of windows we have available at work already requires a TPM, which is fine as all our laptops and workstations have a TPM installed, and last time i tried to install this version as a VM i couldn't get around the lack of TPM.

Man of Honour
Ok can you guys getting cannot run Win11 in the checker even after turning on TPM in the BIOS try this please.

Start > Type tpm.msc and press enter.

Does it show active TPM all working and ready? It does for me yet health checker still says no so it has to be something else.

TPM_msc.jpg

Associate
Same here with everything seemingly aligned but the PC Health Check still saying no.

Out of interest, does anyone with Win10 pro have a green tick from Win 11 check?

Soldato
Don't think any of the laptops / desktops in this house have TPM so thats probably me out :o Won't be upgrading them just for Windows 11 though, only had a quick glance at the BBC news story about it but looks like they are copying Apple with the central start / icons and bringing back Vista widgets.

Guess the central start makes sense on ultrawide screens but can't say its ever bothered me.

Soldato
Ok can you guys getting cannot run Win11 in the checker even after turning on TPM in the BIOS try this please.

Does it show active TPM all working and ready? It does for me yet health checker still says no so it has to be something else.

TPM_msc.jpg

Mine says the same, have you dared to try clear the TPM?

Soldato

TPM_msc.jpg

Mine was the same as well. I have contact Microsoft in chat about this. They say you need both Secure Boot and TPM enabled at the same time when you first install Windows 10 on it. Not after!

Man of Honour
Mine says the same, have you dared to try clear the TPM?

I have no encrypted data but am too scared to click clear just incase :p

Mine was the same as well. I have contact Microsoft in chat about this. They say you need both Secure Boot and TPM enabled at the same time when you first install Windows 10 on it. Not after!

Hmm I will take that with a pinch of salt as I know what MS support staff can be like. That is a cop out answer from them! It seems absolutely silly since many people inc myself have upgraded to Win10 from Vista and have been using it fast and smooth like a new install ever since.

We need answers!

Permabanned
"Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley have BOTH said that the compatability check program to check if your PC is Windows 11 capable / ready is NOT working correctly."

https://www.elevenforum.com/

You can still install it for now without TPM and next week official Dev builds.

Hardware-Channels6-24-final.png

Back
Top Bottom