Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
Not impressed again this week! Second week in a row I've been shunted on lap 1! Had a decent qualy and got to 5th. Good start to the race, up to 4th into T1. Caymen GT4 then comes flying up the inside into the Shell hairpin, spins me and thats race ruined! Managed to persevere and fight back from 12th to 7th though! Also then had to contend with a lapped driver not moving over for blues!

Soldato
Ah I saw that but didn't know who it was. I have a feeling it was a blue Porsche perhaps ? If it was then he had a weird lag spike at the beginning of the race, it was really really odd.

Shame it's happened twice for you as the racing is usually really good.

Soldato
Yeah. It was the Blue Porsche Cayman. Just disappointed after putting in the practice during the week. To be honest, was pleased with my Q5 (PB for me) in my first ever race at Oulton Park and looked like being a good fight I'm the mid pack! Not the standard we expect but as you say could've been lag issue as even during the rest of the race he was jumping around. Hopefully next week will be better!

Soldato
It was a bit touchy at the start last night, i narrowly avoided it coming off the first turn.

Same as last week pretty much during the race, lack of experience with the car and track. Middle of the road stuff really being nowhere near the guy in front or the one behind, with a trip across the grass thrown in. Brands next week though, if the cars any good should be a tighter race.

Soldato
Heh, a monitor is a monitor... aka not VR;) I guess curved screens are more popular, if you crave that tiny increase in field of view.

The GT4 race last night went ok, sadly the 2 chaps i was racing with came a cropper in front of me. I could see Shaun in his Porsche snaking off every bend (i think he'd had an off), it was only a matter of time before he'd take out Amrik while he pushed on his rear. By choice i was hanging back a little after coming close to getting involved a couple of times.

Snetterton next week. Aside from it being in the way of progressing through the single player career in PC2, zero experience of racing the track other than playing dodgem cars through the AI.

Roll on:cry:

Soldato
Yeah. I noticed that actually. We were starting to bunch up and saw you dropped back a bit to create a gap. Was just unlucky with getting taken out as it was actually on his recovery in the next turn.

Yeah bit disappointed last night overall as it looked close between 4th to 8th. Admittedly I hadn't practiced much and it showed. Had a nice qualy but didn't have the consistency then didn't help with being hit by Sashca late on. Never driven Snetterton before so I might just accept being a back marker and just trying to stay out of trouble.

Soldato
Missed out last night:confused:

I either forgot to register a car, or got stumped on the change of password. Either way quite disappointed having cleared all the decks and being ready to race.

Sim.gp need to work out the system to automatically add your entry if you lock in to a series, it would help as there's little reason to visit the site during the week and easy to forget.

Associate
It would be handy to just pick a car for a whole series, I'll see if that can be made an option. Due to numbers being lower in summer we have now opened up the GT3 and GT4 series to all on our RD simracing.gp community. RD premium membership is no longer required :)
Check out them out and sign up simracing.gp

Associate
On a side note if anyone has any issues joining etc just ping me a message on the RD site or in the GT3 / GT4 forum.

We have some brilliant races lined up including a special 40min pit stop race for both series and some interesting night / dawn races.

Associate
Not sure if I mentioned it here or not but you no longer need premium to join our sprint series. Just join the Racedepartment community on simracing.gp then sign up to any event you want.

Soldato
Signing on to the more familiar GT3 with the new season, while sticking with Thursday nights in a different car. Wasn't really aware you could mix up the cars, hopefully with a little more experience of the tracks, the GT4, and a change of car will yield better results.

By the end of the last race i was finding Silverstone kind of fun, like a few of the tracks from the season last i'd not given much time to before.

Associate
Can you just jump into the sprint seasons? As in there's no league attached or anything? Haven't been racing in like 6 weeks bought a UW monitor and Just wasn't getting along with it so returned and got a standard 27" so it's all hooked up now and ready to go.

Associate
I just bought this and dlc on sale on steam, using a xbox controller and although unlikely do do well against other players against AI once you get the controller setup right it's a lot of fun, really enjoying it.

Associate
I still use an xbox controller whilst I'm offshore and it's still fun, I'm no where near as fast as when on the wheel at home but fun is fun. I just had to play about with the settings for a few hours till I got it right
(for me)

Back
Top Bottom