• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato

Lots of older games are so so good on mid range cards. I have Half Life 2 installed again and about to start it this weekend. Can't wait as I remember it was so good firs time around and I only played it through once...it'll be "new" to me again. Max settings on it are a given for 150+ FPS too.
If you've not already played it I would recommend doing Black Mesa Source first (complete remake of HL1 on source engine) before doing HL2 - I did all the games in order during lockdown one, had a great couple of weeks! :)

Associate
2022 will be the year of cheap GPUs. Start of the pandemic triggered companies to make overly large orders of chips, toilet paper syndrome, this caused chip manufacturers to be crippled with workload and could only prioritise critical industries. Although crypto-mining and lockdown caused a rapid plunge in GPU stock, it's the lack of supply that ultimately raised prices. It doesn't help that new consoles were released at a similar time which further impacted supply. It's a perfect storm. Now that the light is visible at the end of this pandemic tunnel industries will not likely make any additional orders of chips, in fact they will first have to deplete their own stocks which adds a buffer of time between orders. With chip manufacturers ramping up to supply the current larger volumes, when orders slow down, we would see an over supply in the market. Adding to this TSMC is undergoing further expansion with construction already starting in their Arizona site. Prices are already starting to drop, albeit very slowly, saw today RTX 3060 selling for £450 on competitor site (still not worth it) but it's a huge improvement from previous listings.

Associate
2022 will be the year of cheap GPUs. Start of the pandemic triggered companies to make overly large orders of chips, toilet paper syndrome, this caused chip manufacturers to be crippled with workload and could only prioritise critical industries. Although crypto-mining and lockdown caused a rapid plunge in GPU stock, it's the lack of supply that ultimately raised prices. It doesn't help that new consoles were released at a similar time which further impacted supply. It's a perfect storm. Now that the light is visible at the end of this pandemic tunnel industries will not likely make any additional orders of chips, in fact they will first have to deplete their own stocks which adds a buffer of time between orders. With chip manufacturers ramping up to supply the current larger volumes, when orders slow down, we would see an over supply in the market. Adding to this TSMC is undergoing further expansion with construction already starting in their Arizona site. Prices are already starting to drop, albeit very slowly, saw today RTX 3060 selling for £450 on competitor site (still not worth it) but it's a huge improvement from previous listings.
£450 for a 3060 is much better 2060s are more! I've seen a few LHR models in stock still roughly same sort of price as non LHR cards though thought there would have been a bigger discount

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

£450 for a 3060 is much better 2060s are more! I've seen a few LHR models in stock still roughly same sort of price as non LHR cards though thought there would have been a bigger discount
Lhr cards won't be cheaper, they'll just be more of them.

Associate
I got an aftermarket 5700XT at £339 with games.

Not bad, on that competitor site with the "Warehouse" deals there was a 5600 XT for £200 but it went sold super fast (within a minute), despite it being labeled as "repackaged" so no original packing.

I have on my second monitor the search page for warehouse items constantly auto refreshing and can see all the cards being listed and selling within minutes on warehouse.

Associate
Has anyone here actually managed to snag an FE card from the other place that sells them? Reason i ask is had one in the basket for about 5 mins and it let me process the order. Im just not convinced it will materialise.

Theyve authorised the payment - sitting on picking.

Apologies if this chat contravenes competitor chat, i have seen other posts related to this on these forums though.

Associate
Has anyone here actually managed to snag an FE card from the other place that sells them? Reason i ask is had one in the basket for about 5 mins and it let me process the order. Im just not convinced it will materialise.

Apologies if this chat contravenes competitor chat, i have seen other posts related to this on these forums though.
i haven't ordered one before but i think once its in your basket its reserved for a certain time think its 15 minutes or something so chances are you should be ok.

Associate

Are you one of the lucky ones to catch this morning drop for the FE cards?

ljt

ljt

Soldato

If payment is processed and in picking stage then you have more than likely got one. You should get another email this evening saying its been packed.

Soldato
Probably can go further and say it's not 100% guaranteed until it boots up and displays on your monitor.

And then return it do to the screaming coil whine.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

RX 480 died in kids PC last night, they'll now get my get my 1080ti so had to order a card - found a Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 6900 XT XTREME WATERFORCE for 1589 which I did consider too bad taking into account the water block and XTXH chip so plumped for that.

Back
Top Bottom