*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
There is a settings menu but it's just the same as the manual as I quoted in my earlier post, no mention of PTT in it.

I've just been using the manual for research now, can always have a look in bios later but pretty sure it's just the same as manual. That other guy that had PTT had a better motherboard than I do I think.

Associate
Got my TPM chip on its way for next week, will update topic with my experience with it, should be an easy install in my build, won't even need to take GPU out.

I seriously doubt MS would be that stupid that people will all need to get these chips for Windows 11, surely they could do a software solution for older tech?

But glad I picked one up either way, thanks again posters in this topic.

For a small price I can charge as a business expense, will be interesting to see if it works.

Soldato
I used to look after a bunch of laptops that we had to enable TPM on as it was MoD equipment. Just checked and my MOBO does have a TPM module connector, not that I have any intention of buying the module. Guess I won't be installing WindIOS on this PC. Linux it stays :p

Soldato
So what chance does my 3570k and Z77-UD3h PC have?

I have a TPM header but no TPM chip.

I had a look in the BIOS yesterday and there is currently no mention of TPM in the BIOS.

I doubt if TPM 2.0 is even compatible with this PC, so it might have to be TPM 1.2 if I can find a module that works.

I assume if I sort that out to at least TPM 1.2, switch to GPT and UEFI bios I should be good to go.

Permabanned
Must confess that when I heard about this my heart sank. I am not at all excited, on the contrary, I have no doubt that there will be way more privacy issues and advertising and so on. It took me weeks with 10 to find out how to turn off and unistall all the rubbish, I don't look forward to doing that again.

Permabanned
I have never used the app store, why would I? Absolutely nothing on it I would want?

I second that. I have the app store disabled. I have absolutely no interest in it at all. I don't need apps and if I do I just go on the internet to research them.

Soldato
So what chance does my 3570k and Z77-UD3h PC have?

I have a TPM header but no TPM chip.

I had a look in the BIOS yesterday and there is currently no mention of TPM in the BIOS.

I doubt if TPM 2.0 is even compatible with this PC, so it might have to be TPM 1.2 if I can find a module that works.

I assume if I sort that out to at least TPM 1.2, switch to GPT and UEFI bios I should be good to go.

Only if you want to risk putting W11 on it if you can. If it screws up all your files MS will simply say that they said your CPU wasn't supported. If it's working fine on W10 then I'd stick to that and do a full upgrade at some point prior to 2025.

Back
Top Bottom