• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

arghh GPUs are a pain in the neck

Associate
OK so I am looking for a 3070 Ti for a new rig.
As soon as I see them come in, the rest of my components go out of stock.
I wait for them to come in and the GPU goes out of stock.
It is maddening.

Associate
Welcome to GPU hell!
giphy.gif

Soldato
The AMD cards will do Ray tracing in due course I think they are capable so long as its coded to use them. I read a good argument that 6700xt will eventually exceed 3080, if you can get any gfx card right now just buy it and swap later if you really have to when all cards are freely available

Associate
I was thinking do I give up and get a 6700 XT instead and for go the ray tracing thing.

If you want a GPU now, you have to grab whatever is available. The 6700XT is a decent card, although expensive like all GPUs are right now, it supports ray tracing and with the introduction of FSR you have the prospect of games that will perform well.

As others have suggested, if you wait for all your preferred component to be available at the same time, you’ll likely wait a long time. Start stashing the bits now, and be prepared to be flexible on some components.

Soldato
if you have the cash go for it, buy whatever, the first thing on list of a pre built is hardest to get ie the gpu, so why wait to full build, u may as well buy a pre built if you want to pick up as one unit.

Back
Top Bottom