• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Permabanned
The problem is, if it doesnt change then pc gaming is probably dead as most people are priced out.
I'm still on a 1070Ti and if prices stay at this level i will never buy another gpu.
ive been a pc gamer for 25 years but at the moment its simply not worth it for a new player as the prices are stupid - a console makes far more sense

I am very rapidly getting to this point. I will just stop buying if prices keep doing this. I started out frustrated but now I am getting really angry. I know my anger should be aimed at the scalpers, but I can't help but think that NVIDIA sits by doing very little to help. I do believe it could do a lot more. Also, as the very big company they are, they should have anticipated some of this too. They keep on sprouting that they are one the side of the gamer but that is just utter rubbish and time and time again they prove they just don't care. I absolutely will not bow down to this insanity.

Associate
The issue is that it's not just Nvidia chips that are in high demand from what I have seen. It's the chip market as a whole. I'm not totally sure on this, but where Nvidia have their chips made. Other companies will do so also.

Intel could help end the GPU shortage by making chips for Nvidia, but will it? | PC Gamer
Nvidia have their chips made at Samsung, they are the only big chip designer there, Samsung just struggles to produce big chips from the looks of it.

Permabanned
I had to buy an available back then Radeon RX 6800 XT this January, instead bought a Ryzen 9 5900X, that is plenty in supply today, my very big mistake :(

Now without a PC because no graphics card.

Associate
Hi guys

Im wondering when the Gpu's prices are going down ??

Everyone is suffering from the prices specially in kuwait ! They are selling rtx 3090 $3500 !!

GPU prices are *NOT* likely to go down.
The dollar/pound/euro has Inflated!!! (Just look at the price of copper and other raw materials)
I was trading in the markets for over 15 years before I retired and I see the start of a new commodity cycle.
Unless I'm mistaken this is the NEW NORMAL and these prices are here to stay.
You are likely to see prices hold and even increase going forward now.
It's been a long time since real inflation has hit the western world but this is the start.

Caporegime
GPU prices are *NOT* likely to go down.
The dollar/pound/euro has Inflated!!! (Just look at the price of copper and other raw materials)
I was trading in the markets for over 15 years before I retired and I see the start of a new commodity cycle.
Unless I'm mistaken this is the NEW NORMAL and these prices are here to stay.
You are likely to see prices hold and even increase going forward now.
It's been a long time since real inflation has hit the western world but this is the start.
Well gamers just aren't going to buy 6700XTs at £800+. Or 3070s at £900+.

If those prices are here to stay then mid-range and low-end PC gamers are going to be forced out. Assuming they can't all just become high-end gamers with high-end budgets :p

Associate
Well gamers just aren't going to buy 6700XTs at £800+. Or 3070s at £900+.

If those prices are here to stay then mid-range and low-end PC gamers are going to be forced out. Assuming they can't all just become high-end gamers with high-end budgets :p

Yeah I paid £700 for my 6700XT and even a entry level 3060 costs £550+.
You are correct mid-range and low-end PC gamers are going to be priced out.
I smell inflation Big Time appearing in the western reserve currencies.
Remember I have got 15 years experience trading against some of the best out there, I hope I am wrong but all signs are pointing to major inflation appearing in the west.
Lets see what GPU prices are like say a year on from now. I can certainly see the commodity markets heating up but could be just a initial jump for now, but still I believe we're moving into the new up cycle.

Associate
Prices might be high, but what I can't get is why we lack any low-mid tier GPUs options. Something on par with a 2060 or around there... I mean, a 2060 Super for 599£ seems insane...

AMD have been quite honest that they are going for higher profits so not rushing to bring out a 6600xt class card while they can sell other products like a cpu for higher profits

Associate
I've been tracking on telegram price alerts and today saw 3060's going for £450 on *competitor site. There's definitely signs of the price dropping...slowly. I'm predicting by end of Q3/Q4 prices will drop to reasonable levels with AIBs selling slightly above MSRP. Shortage in chips was largely triggered by companies panicking and making larger than normal orders to secure and protect their supply chain during the start of the pandemic. Toilet roll syndrome as it were. As we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel in this pandemic, industries will hold off from further orders until they deplete their own stocks, hopefully this creates an oversupply in 2022. What goes up must come down.

Associate
I think if prices get anywhere close to actual RRP by the middle of next year we'll be lucky.

The point about low-mid range is a good one. It's where the volume is, and surely any manufacturer would know the first to bat will likely have a huge queue of customers ready and waiting to pull the trigger if it's at a moderately acceptable price. Unless they've already thought **** it and bought a PS5 / XBONEX.

And then there is the unknown that comes with Intel XE HPG. The game is prime if they play their cards right.

Associate
I think if prices get anywhere close to actual RRP by the middle of next year we'll be lucky.

The point about low-mid range is a good one. It's where the volume is, and surely any manufacturer would know the first to bat will likely have a huge queue of customers ready and waiting to pull the trigger if it's at a moderately acceptable price. Unless they've already thought **** it and bought a PS5 / XBONEX.

And then there is the unknown that comes with Intel XE HPG. The game is prime if they play their cards right.

You really think GPU prices will drop to those sort of prices in a year?
The old market saying is the cure for high prices is higher prices.
A "huge queue of customers" yes for sure but NOT enough new cards to go around.

Back
Top Bottom