Black Summer (NetFlix)

Soldato
Really liked the Mum in the first series, but so far she is just a non-feeling biatch.

Not sure what she thinks she is teaching her daughter, but she seems to be just surviving and has become as bad as everyone else, ergo i am losing sympathy/interest for her.

From her action throughout S2 and from what people are posting here, i think she is been set up to be killed off before the end of the series :( (her or the daughter anyway).

Soldato
hated that character, especially the way she treated the guy leading her to the lodge. quite happy to drag an unarmed guyoff and murder him, but just sat playing cards whilst a genuine looper/psycho was threatening everyone in sight in the house. definitely needs to be torn apart.

Soldato
The speech from the policeman (?) (red coat, black beanie) at the start of Ep 8 is exactly right. TBH, the only character who seems to maintain any sort of dignity is Sun. Rose is just a fairly unpleasant character now. The entire time she was in the Manor she was just awful and, as wolfie pointed out, her actions with the guide were despicable.
And why, oh why do they have to constantly show people with guns or weapons instantly running away from single zombies without even trying to defend themselves and getting killed for it. This became so frequent that I considered turning it into a drinking game. And then on the other side, you have people just chilling until the very last second when being rushed them mowing down zombies with bored ease. Totally inconsistent for people who've been surviving for some time at this point. And then you get that scene with the woman leaning over her dying friend(?) until the staggeringly obvious happens. With a brain like that she'd have died on her first encounter.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed in this season. It still looks great and it's exciting (in parts) but the characters, plot points and intelligence seem to have been leached out of it all.

Soldato
Some good moments in ep 8, but poor overall ending.

I think i would have stayed in the lodge. As Spiers said, where exactly are they trying to get to?

What happened to Spiers buddy from ep5?

Last edited:
Soldato
What happened to Spiers buddy from ep5?
I'm not sure he was actually there. The coincidence in them meeting again is staggering, the horse/death imagery and the way it ends? Just too much of a stretch IMO. If you've read Max Brooks' "World War Z" there's one segment that springs to mind.

Soldato
I'm not sure he was actually there. The coincidence in them meeting again is staggering, the horse/death imagery and the way it ends? Just too much of a stretch IMO. If you've read Max Brooks' "World War Z" there's one segment that springs to mind.

Ah, thanks for that.

Soldato
S2 has too much filler imo.

What was so great about S1 was that it was short and to the point. This just seemed to drag on and on...

Still good but could have been much better.

It was probably a COVID induced ending so a bit disappointing.

Last edited:
Associate
So episode 6...

What was with pulling the big box of supplies around? Would it not have made more sense for each person to have taken a smaller box each and dragged it with the rope that was in the first box they opened?

Soldato
So episode 6...

What was with pulling the big box of supplies around? Would it not have made more sense for each person to have taken a smaller box each and dragged it with the rope that was in the first box they opened?

Yeah, stupid way to go! Also, where exactly where they going?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I wasn't aware that BS and Znation was linked. The shows are so different in tone and seriousness. Found Znation to be a comedy and really crude humour.

Back
Top Bottom