I am seriously about to smash my razer chroma keyboard with a hammer

Man of Honour
On and off for probably 2 years now, the top row of my Chroma keyboard has simply stopped working. From the ESC key right along to the Pause/Break key, it works normally for days and then for no apparent reason simply stops working. Usually I can get the top row to work again by repeatedly running my hands across all the keys on the keyboard a few times and then the top row kicks back into life. I googled this issue a long time ago and saw that a row of keys sometimes just not responding seems to be a quite common occurrence with Razer keyboards.

Today though, try as I might so far, I cant get the top row to return to life. I'll keep trying but at this point I'm considering a hammer and just never buying another razer keyboard ever again. The fact that some of these posts I have read go back 4 years and it still seems to be an issue with their keyboards puts me right off.

Soldato
Agreed I once had one of thier KBs and it went in the bin after about two weeks, I dont even buy Corsair KBs anymore either as for me they dont last more then a few months then start playing up

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed I once had one of thier KBs and it went in the bin after about two weeks, I dont even buy Corsair KBs anymore either as for me they dont last more then a few months then start playing up
I have a Corsair Strafe Mk 2 RGB and it’s been brilliant so far. Also had two Corsair M65 mice that both ended up with multiple click issues in the LMB after around two years. I have a Master Race Model D now so hopefully that does better.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I must admit that my razer mouse is awesome, never had an issue with it but it does seem that this keyboard started playing up the moment it was out of the warranty period. Anyway, gave it a punch and now its working again, probably time for a new keyboard though anyway, but not razer this time, whats the best rgb alternative?

Soldato
I have a Corsair Strafe Mk 2 RGB and it’s been brilliant so far. Also had two Corsair M65 mice that both ended up with multiple click issues in the LMB after around two years. I have a Master Race Model D now so hopefully that does better.

Ahh OK i myself have never had a corsair mouse but lol i do have a duckyshine mouse...and i find it very nice in games.

Soldato
Anyway, gave it a punch and now its working again, probably time for a new keyboard though anyway, but not razer this time, whats the best rgb alternative?
Next time try fine adjuster.
https://foldoc.org/fine+adjuster

What keyboard is the best, or really least bad compormise, depends on needs:
Like switch type, preference for physical size, tolerated/wanted noise level...
And of course also budget.

Soldato
I'm flexible on all of those things, only things that matter particularly to me are mechanical keys and customisable RGB
Different switches have notable differences in feel/behaviour.
So every switch wouldn't work without learning period.

Like light linear switch probably causing accidental presses after harder linear and especially tactile switch.
And those with extra wannabe typewriter sound effect often have even sharper resistance for pressing.
Naturally change to opposite direction would likely cause also some inconvenience.
And when needing avoiding extra noises, noisier keyboard isn't any question of getting used to.

But overall (lighter) tactile switch with some resistance for pushing it to actuation point and still light bottoming would be safe choise.

Logitech's low profile G815 has such switch and is also among the quietest ones.
It's literally such low profile that there are thicker membrane/rubber dome keyboards.

Cherry doesn't have tactile noise damped switch, but only linear ones with force curve of red and black.
And not sure if those are used by many keyboards.

Again for non noise damped switches there's lots of light linear and (light) tactile choise.

V F

V F

Soldato
Also whilst that may be generally true, my Razor mouse up untill a year ago was about 10 years old.

Razor Diamondback limited edition plasma it was.

My favourite used to be the Razer Copperhead. It still works to this day but the sensor was never too hot with it being laser.

Back
Top Bottom