• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Not really talking about panic selling are we? We are growing tired of your argumentative nature and the lack of constructive points your making here. You seem to take it to personal levels quickly. If you want to get personal take it to PM.
If you want to be a mod, apply to be a mod. "We are growing tired"... just lol. Have I failed to show the required deference to scalpers and miners for their great contributions to society?

Associate
3070 £1000 to £750
3080 £1500 to £1100
3090 £2100 to £1650
All happened in this month, some people certainly stopped their GPU business. there is still a 20% to drop to reach January price.

Also I noticed that 3090 took 40 mins to be sold out in the latest drop, this is a big signal for the GPU market.

So I think the price will go back to normal much quicker than people expected, because all the people doesn't mind to pay a topping already got a card on their hand, rest will just keep waiting.

Soldato
3070 £1000 to £750
3080 £1500 to £1100
3090 £2100 to £1650
All happened in this month, some people certainly stopped their GPU business. there is still a 20% to drop to reach January price.

Also I noticed that 3090 took 40 mins to be sold out in the latest drop, this is a big signal for the GPU market.

So I think the price will go back to normal much quicker than people expected, because all the people doesn't mind to pay a topping already got a card on their hand, rest will just keep waiting.
The fact that prices and now dropping will also cause more people to wait.

Caporegime
Yep, with mining becoming less profitable (still is though at the moment so things might not get back to normal completely), and summer coming up/end to covid restrictions there will likely be much less demand for gpus, especially if production gets ramped up as reported.

I think the issue has been a perfect storm of circumstances that occurred during the first quarter of the year:

-Crazy high profitability / crazy high bitcoin values
-Production shortages
-Covid lockdowns so not much else to do
-Winter so generally people are inside/less worry about heat from gpus etc

Soldato
3070 £1000 to £750
3080 £1500 to £1100
3090 £2100 to £1650

Not sure where you are seeing £1650 3090s while the 3080Ti's are selling for £2000 for AIB cards, unless you are seeing a used FE being sold that comes with zero warranty, no shops/etailers are selling 3090s for £1650, even the MSRP on AIB 3090s was more for them on release. Apart from the odd one that was meant to be £1450- £1500 like the Asus TUF but as we all know Asus raised the MSRP two times after and hardly even sold any at the £1500 price because there was zero stock.

The cheapest 3090 AIB I can find right now is £2000 and cheapest AIB 3080ti £1850, FE cards don't count they are being sold by Nvidia with a fake MSRP to make this generation look cheaper than it really is and they don't/didn't care if they take a hit as most of their GPU Dies are sold to AIBs at a price they can't match the FE price ever (3070Ti FE and 3080Ti FE corrected the FE prices as clearly Nvidia got sick of taking the hit). So only place these prices you are seeing are EBay and unsold bids that right at the end get snipped at a higher price, can't see any recent 3090s sold for that on EBay either. Prices are still silly on all cards and nowhere near MSRP , £1650 is a basic MSRP AIB card when they were released over 9 months ago, so guessing what you have seen is a 3090 FE being bid on at £1650 so far and sells for £1400 from Nvidia so even then that's £250 over MSRP and by time it sells will be even more.

The 3090s last drop didn't take 40 minutes either, first drop vanished in 5 minutes max and then it said out of stock, but what happened as always happens is some customers get declined orders and then they stick them back up for sale later, so what seemed like 40 minutes to you was actually 2 drops at different times in that 40 minutes, second drop they vanished right away, maybe 30 seconds if that, by time you refreshed or added to basket they were gone, same happened with the 3080s too there was a second drop because of cheeky people trying to buy more than one or their payment method got declined, the 3080s again vanished by time you clicked the basket or the link to the page.

If you can find 3090 AIBs for £1650 new from a retailer please let me know we need more of them at work ;), we don't want FE cards as they caused us problems and we sold them all and replaced them with blower AIB and AIB 3 fan cards, because we have them in SLI/NVLINK and they whined like crazy the FE or had rattling/grinding fans some of them and over heated easily and throttled, the memory was the big issue for us as the cards have terrible thermal solution for the memory at the back of the cards and our work pushes the GPU and memory to the max. So we avoid the FE cards like the plague now. Cheapest AIB cards right now are £2000 for the 3090s from a retailer with a warranty.

I think some here think they can cause a panic with false information :rolleyes:. Yes prices are coming down but nowhere near the MSRP or the release prices last year in September to December 2020 (based on AIB cards not FE cards). Even the new release FE cards have been price corrected and cost a lot more than they should have compared to original FE cards prices released in September last year. Good example the 3070Ti and 3080Ti are way over priced and soon they will phaseout the 3080 FE and 3090 FE and people will be stuck with them as highend FE cards available to buy. Just a matter of time, they were price corrected as Nvidia was clearly having enough of taking a hit on their fake MSRP.

Last edited:
Soldato
The point was simple: for BTC to always rise in price you need ever greater adoption. You need ever more buyers who not only want to buy, but want to buy at the new (higher) prices.

And since there is no intrinsic value in a Bitcoin, the only reason people want to buy it is in the expectation that the price will keep rising. They need to believe that after they buy the price will keep rising, and that someone else will come along and buy at the new, higher price.

This is pretty basic stuff.

It's in your interests as crypto "hodlers" to hype the future of crypto, and to FOMO as many people as possible into buying your crypto (or someone else's) for more than they paid for it. You want people to think this is a never-ending journey where BTC will keep "mooning" until you reach (as some crypto advocates suggest) $1 million for a single BTC.

Whether or not you believe this will happen, it's in your interests for others to believe it (or at least believe it can hit $100k or $300k), so that there will be new buyers. As many new buyers as possible, to drive up the price of the coins already in circulation.

The whole thing really is a pyramid scheme. The coins themselves have no worth. No utility. No function. BTC is awful at any kind of job. Seriously, BTC sucks at everything, and it only exists for people to speculate on it.

The whole thing is a confidence game. You want people to be bullish about BTC so the price can rise, and then you hope (or most people hope) to get out somewhere near the top/near the ATH. Someone earlier suggested they'd get out at $300k.

But you need many more people to get crypto fever and FOMO in to raise the prices to those targets. Or put another way, if everybody only "bought the dip", the price would keep trending downwards. What you need, and what you want, is for people to FOMO in to buying at the high prices, not the low prices.

And those people are the ones who will eat the dip, like the people who bought in at $60k recently.

Call if FUD if you want. It's obviously in your own self interest to promote crypto as a crypto holder. Not for the technology or the worth or utility of Bitcoin. But because you want the price to go up.
I found myself disagreeing to some of your earlier posts but this has a lot of truth, particularly on this belief that it will always rise.

Associate
Not sure where you are seeing £1650 3090s while the 3080Ti's are selling for £2000 for AIB cards, unless you are seeing a used FE being sold that comes with zero warranty, no shops/etailers are selling 3090s for £1650, even the MSRP on AIB 3090s was more for them on release. Apart from the odd one that was meant to be £1500 like the Asus TUF but as we all know Asus raised the MSRP two times after and hardly even sold any at the £1500 price because there was zero stock.

The cheapest 3090 AIB I can find right now is £2000 and cheapest AIB 3080ti £1850, FE cards don't count they are being sold by Nvidia with a fake MSRP to make this generation look cheaper than it really is and they don't/didn't care if they take a hit as most of their GPU Dies are sold to AIBs at a price they can't match the FE price ever (3070Ti FE and 3080Ti FE corrected the FE prices as clearly Nvidia got sick of taking the hit). So only place these prices you are seeing are EBay and unsold bids that right at the end get snipped at a higher price, can't see any recent 3090s sold for that on EBay either. Prices are still silly on all cards and nowhere near MSRP , £1650 is a basic MSRP AIB card when they were released over 9 months ago, so guessing what you have seen is a 3090 FE being bid on at £1650 so far and sells for £1400 from Nvidia so even then that's £250 over MSRP and by time it sells will be even more.

The 3090s last drop didn't take 40 minutes either, first drop vanished in 5 minutes max and then it said out of stock, but what happened as always happens is some customers get declined orders and then they stick them back up for sale later, so what seemed like 40 minutes to you was actually 2 drops at different times in that 40 minutes, second drop they vanished right away, maybe 30 seconds if that, by time you refreshed or added to basket they were gone, same happened with the 3080s too there was a second drop because of cheeky people trying to buy more than one or their payment method got declined, the 3080s again vanished by time you clicked the basket or the link to the page.

If you can find 3090 AIBs for £1650 new from a retailer please let me know we need more of them at work ;), we don't want FE cards as they caused us problems and we sold them all and replaced them with blower AIB and AIB 3 fan cards, because we have them in SLI/NVLINK and they whined like crazy the FE or had rattling/grinding fans some of them and over heated easily and throttled, the memory was the big issue for us as the cards have terrible thermal solution for the memory at the back of the cards and our work pushes the GPU and memory to the max. So we avoid the FE cards like the plague now. Cheapest AIB cards right now are £2000 for the 3090s from a retailer with a warranty.

I think some here think they can cause a panic with false information :rolleyes:. Yes prices are coming down but nowhere near the MSRP or the release prices last year in September to December 2020 (based on AIB cards not FE cards). Even the new release FE cards have been price corrected and cost a lot more than they should have compared to original FE cards prices released in September last year. Good example the 3070Ti and 3080Ti are way over priced and soon they will phaseout the 3080 FE and 3090 FE and people will be stuck with them as highend FE cards available to buy. Just a matter of time, they were price corrected as Nvidia was clearly having enough of taking a hit on their fake MSRP.

The 3090 in the first drop lasted for like 5 mins, but it lasted for more than 10 mins in 2nd drop.

There is one 1650 FE brand new sealed right now as I can see, if you have the invoice what makes you think **** won't honor the warranty?

Yesterday there was a FTW3 for 1670, PNY XLR8 for 1550, Aorus master for 1750, all new and come with invoice, if you keep talking retailers unrealistic price please just ignore this comment.

You can find it on reddit/facebook market

Last edited:
Associate
The fact that prices and now dropping will also cause more people to wait.

exactly, I tracked one guy on Ebay, he got a FTW3 3070ti from Newegg, shipped back to UK, first day he wanted 1500 for it, but dropped it every day until yesterday, it was marked sold at 900 but there is a Best offer button, so could be less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom