*** The Official macOS Monterey thread ***

Commissario
Due for release this autumn is macOS Monterey.

Anyone installed the beta yet?

This year is the first year that I was actually disappointed with the announcement,. Big Sur is fine but it's not as polished as previous releases and I'm still finding things that aren't quite right. I'd rather they concentrate on fixing the issues with Big Sur than release a new version. We don't necessarily need new major releases every year.

JoEZwug.jpeg

Man of Honour
I'd rather they property fix Bluetooth over a 'new' OS which in reality is a minor update compared to Catalina to Big Sur as an example.

Soldato
I get the feeling that this isn’t a “major release” in terms of huge changes, but just marketing, and hopefully it will be a stabilisation release where things become more stable. Some good features however.

Soldato
Well, I haven't moved over to Big Sur yet so I might just wait for Monterey now.

Hopefully, it just becomes a stable release of Big Sur and I can finally update.

Associate
I've played with it for a bit and read other peoples comments across the interweb. Again its very much a 'tidy up' of Big Sur as iOS15 is of iOS14. I can't say that there is anything sigfncant that will impact power users or workflows. It more adds a lot of iOS features making the two feel better part of the same ecosystem. Seemed reasonably stable.

Commissario
OP
Launch today today which is traditionally 18:00 in the UK. This is the first time for a few releases that I've not grabbed it the day before launch - I did look at the weekend but because there was an RC2, I thought I'd wait until it's official.

Man of Honour
I updated from the 12.0 beta to the 12.0.1 public release. The download was really slow, I was only getting about 60 Mbps on a 900 Mbps connection.

Back
Top Bottom