What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Hanna - 2 more episodes left on season 1. Not sure if it's good or not.....do I continue.....?

The Rookie - what is going on with this, the last few episodes have been going downhill....

Ragnarok - just started, looks interesting....

Associate
Been kinda stressed so just been binging TV to distract myself... Watched season 2 and 3 of Pardise PD. I'd seen the first one before and from what I could remember I thought it was a good time. Not sure how much I actually enjoyed it now looking back. It served its purpose of keeping me distracted, but I think I maybe only laughed once or twice across the whole of those 2 seasons, so that's maybe not a great sign, but then again it could have been due to my mood.

But it's a cartoon for adults about a dysfunctional police department. One of the characters is a geriatric perv so expect a lot of lewd jokes. Another of the characters is voiced by Sarah Chalke, which is a bit of a highlight as I like her. It's apparently very similar to Brickleberry (similar characters and the same voice actors for them), I've not watched that myself but the connection became clear during a crossover episode... but if you have watched that liked it then I guess this'd be right in your wheel house.

Caporegime
Watching Legion at the moment, what a weird show. I'm half way through season 2 and I still can't decide how much I like it! It's very up and down in terms of episode quality, I like the cast though.

Associate
Watching Legion at the moment, what a weird show. I'm half way through season 2 and I still can't decide how much I like it! It's very up and down in terms of episode quality, I like the cast though.

I loved Legion, especially Farouk... the only character I didn't really dig, because they were less gray, didn't turn up till the last season... and I can't remember how many there were but think it was more than 2 so won't mention them... actually no, I didn't like Sid either.

That's one of the shows I raise up as being above the usual superhero ones that often I find real mediocre and don't see through... the others I enjoyed were The Punisher, The boys, Invincible (cartoon), Wandavision, Loki, Doom Patrol, Umbrella Academy, and to a lesser degree Luke Cage and that Falcon and Winter Solider one... might be forgetting others though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't mind Titans, damn sight better than the likes of The Flash though it really bugged me how a certain character in Titans meets there electrifying end.

Permabanned
Yes it’s incredibly disappointing and 90% of it is dull unfortunately. One of the worst crime documentaries I’ve seen in a while.

So glad I wasn't the only one! I started thinking I was missing something or not concentrating so I just tried to watch bits again and it just felt so disjointed and disappointing. Not what I expected from NEtfliX!

Associate

Awesome! I started watching this and then stopped for... dunno why?!

Nice reminder, cheers! :)

Soldato
House MD.

Needed a new medical drama after finishing Code Black a couple of weeks ago. Did a bit of looking around and this is on Prime and gets great reviews, so I said I would give it a go. It's a different take on the genre. It's done more like a Detective solving a crime than a doctor trying to trying to treat a patient.

For the first 3/4 episodes I thought it was rubbish. If any real doctor treated their patients and work colleagues like House does, they would be sued and fired. However, despite this I stuck with it and after 8 episodes I though it was ok and by episode 12/13 I was hooked. And now I am just binge watching episodes.

The bits I like the most are his interactions with Patients in the Clinic and staff that he has to deal with sometimes that aren't part of his team. Some really funny and heart warming moments.

Associate
Alright, I binged the first season of Titans as it got mentioned. Didn't really make the cut for me. I found most of the main characters annoying, aside from maybe Cory. It never really clicked for me at all, and I found it really slow in places, especially the full 40min episode that was just the backstory of the football guy (after their portion of the story was kinda done already) - it really didn't hold my attention there, and in other places. I ended up watching the first episode of season 2 just to get some resolution to the cliff hanger, and that was rather anti-climatic... I also found it weird how I don't recall the word titans ever being uttered in season 1, but as soon as 2 started up (which basically happens seconds after 1) then they're all like "Titans lets go" and things, when did you guys just suddenly decide on that. Also while 1 never really shows the big ticket superheroes in episode 1 of season 2 you get a little bit of Bruce Wayne facetime and that was a very weird casting choice, I thought he was Alfred at first.

I'll probably end up watching the show through, as I tend to finish what I start and am very much in a distract myself with TV period, but yeah I expected a lot better seeing as it was linked to Doom Patrol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished S7 of Bosch last night, it will be sorely missed. Season 2 aside, it's been consistently good and well written throughout, very few shows maintain that level of quality throughout, especially on a 7 season run. Even the slower seasons had such a good quality of acting/writing they were never dull.

Caporegime
Just finished watching The Last Narc on Prime.

Engrossing and very intense.

It's terrible what human beings do to each other. Sometimes the only difference between the good guys and bad guys is the uniform.

Back
Top Bottom