*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
lq3fB89j8onyrUYR2k4YkNvOtQE84FnncY6iz687OOJXiB-WJ73-jbPbC1-pFNqySKojIBnhI-rJK6nrMh2PzLoxy594g886EIYQNyYUZ3BAW4yGvwJtxHESc2BK9xSCUZd3e_rfJbJr4RB1NGwGpbInC0dENYWZR4hnyb4Grev00sIkR063YHCPEwqPTrDCikhatlUl90HXZSAagO2fpRsh9Rw-HfLCWmAdjmtKJfb-Ze4fPcmsBKhky5JiAYsW_kbineXm3rWg9zizGkBWAi3sKLCTbsRlBqbAIzSr9ADGwnRZuggfS_8GKfr2qkeCM1lqDt0s1yMLxi_wuif-cg6E8r8P2Ism7UG1fdpmWC_G0c_1b_vDqU1TGsKz0qWN19tz7_m8ISxuFCLz_Ko42WGEQIkYchz3-kjFMEAp8U-o0d7E3YwnybG1MRH8FdPKeE-WXiidlU_LAwS9eRJZT0ReojYsX0blQc_Fmm-Vpx-CpoagFipOz0-qyY2EUDG274AAfY-mAOmnCAQE9Ad_jZdqfuXblFJ3Pz-cShNadRA-1EamlL0to3k-_MJ9JIdS-1X9WGXNaluv7KLTSIKPOnPbtq-VrPDewVjn01FtNMIBSShe2ynHpeJdS8pGk4l0-MUWH0TTzqKs10Jb3TD8uDZTJ_r8Fbd7CwjNdJ8EbuKDpj_19XCCLJ50laiy5C6TDa7R2rfuut-vJJLMONGRV_lISQ=w1263-h947-no

;)

Still not working:(

Associate
Excuse the **** quality, no idea how to upload in good quality and get it here from my iPhone without the faff of plugging it in. nOA2ogC.png
Downsized from a 200x80cm to 140x60. Will be replacing the old dated dual 144hz to a single ultrawide once I get my laptop/and or a GPU.

Associate
Excuse the **** quality, no idea how to upload in good quality and get it here from my iPhone without the faff of plugging it in. nOA2ogC.png
Downsized from a 200x80cm to 140x60. Will be replacing the old dated dual 144hz to a single ultrawide once I get my laptop/and or a GPU.

Nice I went from a 140x60 to a 150x80. I also plan to replacing my dual screens to a Samsung G9.

Soldato
Took some inspiration from some fellow members on here and did a long overdue change to my setup.

Setup as of two days ago:

01oFsGkh.jpg

The work begins....

Original desk which was from IKEA which I believe I bought back in 2001. It's had quite a few altercations to it, it used to have two top shelves but over time and setup changes it was left in this state. Lasted me well.

XUiRIvth.jpg

All old desks cleared out and assembly of new drawer unit underway:

ls96cQZh.jpg

Decided to fix a button to the wall with some L brackets to provide some support to the worktop:

pu5yRp3h.jpg

Worktop placed and secured with 3 ADIL legs:

kq91PWWh.jpg

At this point the drawer unit was actually a bit short wasn't supporting the unit so in the end made some custom legs which run across the bottom sides of the unit and then secured the drawer to the bottom of the worktop

Also cut out 3 holes for feeding cables and got the two monitor arms wall mounted.

vkBBamUh.jpg

QML7ELbh.jpg

drNrbZkh.jpg

Top mount moves up and down, bottom one is fixed at one height but extends out and can also extend to the right.

A day later..

M1SfP4a.jpg

Yet to figure out how I'm going to tidy up the PC cables but generally pleased with the transformation so far.

Associate
Nice @tony888. A snake plant is essential!

Could you tell me about your sound set-up? I'm looking for a single desktop solution for a console and PC.

Yup and so easy to look after.

Sound wise, I have a Panasonic SC-HTB208 soundbar (not the best and was fairly cheap £35) connect to the sound blaster g6 via optical. The g6 is connect and powered via usb from the pc, 3.5mm jack from the monitor to the g6, this is when I’m gaming on the switch or ps5.

if I want to use headphones I either use my penrose (wireless) or fidelio x2hr connect to the headphone jack on the g6.

Hope this is clear enough, basically the g6 handles all the connections for me and it auto switches from the soundbar to headphones.

Soldato
Spruced up the office a little bit due to WFH. You can tell my other half had an input, There's IKEA fake plants everywhere :D

tAoIZ4jl.jpg
y8HFTmil.jpg

Also added a few posters for some or our favourite tv shows and films.

oL890Jwl.jpg
4hGK6qXl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup and so easy to look after.

Sound wise, I have a Panasonic SC-HTB208 soundbar (not the best and was fairly cheap £35) connect to the sound blaster g6 via optical. The g6 is connect and powered via usb from the pc, 3.5mm jack from the monitor to the g6, this is when I’m gaming on the switch or ps5.

if I want to use headphones I either use my penrose (wireless) or fidelio x2hr connect to the headphone jack on the g6.

Hope this is clear enough, basically the g6 handles all the connections for me and it auto switches from the soundbar to headphones.
Perfect, thanks for that!

Associate
Took some inspiration from some fellow members on here and did a long overdue change to my setup.

Setup as of two days ago:

01oFsGkh.jpg

The work begins....

Original desk which was from IKEA which I believe I bought back in 2001. It's had quite a few altercations to it, it used to have two top shelves but over time and setup changes it was left in this state. Lasted me well.

XUiRIvth.jpg

All old desks cleared out and assembly of new drawer unit underway:

ls96cQZh.jpg

Decided to fix a button to the wall with some L brackets to provide some support to the worktop:

pu5yRp3h.jpg

Worktop placed and secured with 3 ADIL legs:

kq91PWWh.jpg

At this point the drawer unit was actually a bit short wasn't supporting the unit so in the end made some custom legs which run across the bottom sides of the unit and then secured the drawer to the bottom of the worktop

Also cut out 3 holes for feeding cables and got the two monitor arms wall mounted.

vkBBamUh.jpg

QML7ELbh.jpg

drNrbZkh.jpg

Top mount moves up and down, bottom one is fixed at one height but extends out and can also extend to the right.

A day later..

M1SfP4a.jpg

Yet to figure out how I'm going to tidy up the PC cables but generally pleased with the transformation so far.

The whole setup turned out great! What is the top monitor arm called please?

Soldato
Associate
Looking for a fairly large unit for my office/gaming room, opposite the PC/monitor behind the door. Ideally id like open shelves, bookcase and some enclosed sections as well to store loads of stuff from Computer bits, to folders, etc. Anybody got any pictures or anything i can copy? Ive got the usual Ikea wood top and draws/legs as the PC stand.

Soldato
gUFgPjD
tNnmKWj.jpg
gUFgPjD.jpg

made an attempt to tidy up the cables under the desk, theres 2 4way extension leads in that box, both are full. Hidden behind the desk is a 4port usb hub so which frees up 3 usb ports behind my pc but mostly allows me to quickly disconnect the pc.

Back
Top Bottom