Hayfever - Thread

Caporegime
Any sufferers had problems breathing/restricted airways as a result (curious rather than medical advice)? My wife's hayfever has always been pretty bad, but we had to ring 111 last night it got so bad.

Associate
Any sufferers had problems breathing/restricted airways as a result (curious rather than medical advice)? My wife's hayfever has always been pretty bad, but we had to ring 111 last night it got so bad.

It was definitely affecting my breathing in the night, it felt like someone was pushing on my chest quite hard.

Feeling brutalised today too, head banging and absolutely zero energy but that is from the broken sleep.

Caporegime
It was definitely affecting my breathing in the night, it felt like someone was pushing on my chest quite hard.

Feeling brutalised today too, head banging and absolutely zero energy but that is from the broken sleep.
Yeah she said a similar thing about the feeling of someone sitting on her chest, even struggling to speak due to the restrictiveness of her airways. 111 called an ambulance but it subsided after an initial check-up, she didn't fancy the 3 hour wait to see the doctor whilst flanked by two drunks in the waiting room (one of which peed himself, wore no mask and had part of his ear hanging off).

Soldato

It's been mentioned already in this thread, but be aware Delta strain Covid gives similar symptoms to hayfever (sore throat, headache, runny nose).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57511769 video clip

Soldato
Today has been the worst day I’ve ever experienced with hay fever. The symptoms could be getting worse for me as I age or maybe there’s some environmental explanation but all I know is that I am absolutely miserable!

I’m necking antihistimes like sweets. 2 over the counter one a day variants, piriton, beconaze(sp?) nasal spray and heavy duty, non-drowsy ones the doctor gave me... nothing is working!

Never knew of hay fever when i was younger, its just hit me like a tonne of bricks in my early 30s.

Soldato
I would say my hayfever has been improving over the last 20 years, but the last two weeks have been horrible.

It's so hard to explain to a none sufferer; blocked nose, running nose, headache, and just feeling groggy and horrible. Through in the itchy eyes and sore nose and it's not fun!

Soldato
After seeing an ENT surgeon for something completely unrelated I mentioned hay fever issues - he put me on Fexofenadine and Dymista and I must say it's been a revelation.

Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever now. I can happily go for walks in the woods, mow the lawn... not a thing.

Soldato
After seeing an ENT surgeon for something completely unrelated I mentioned hay fever issues - he put me on Fexofenadine and Dymista and I must say it's been a revelation.

Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever now.
Fexofenadine is the stuff I’m on, absolutely no difference. Just shows how drugs have different effects depending on the individual.

Soldato
Fexofenadine is the stuff I’m on, absolutely no difference. Just shows how drugs have different effects depending on the individual.
I did find that wrap around sunglasses helped a lot.

Also flushing out my nostrils with Sterimar got rid of a lot of the pollen. Either that or use a neti pot and DIY saline to flush your sinuses. That was a big help when I was really suffering.

Soldato

Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever now. I can happily go for walks in the woods, mow the lawn... not a thing.

My girlfriend had some minor ENT surgery due to problems with her breathing, and was prescribed Dymista. I have tried it and as you say, it seems very effective. The most uncomfortable symptom of my hay-fever is when I get a scratching, itchy sensation in the back of my throat, and once it starts it becomes almost unbearable. It started up a few days ago, I took a dose of her Dymista and the symptoms cleared almost immediately. Its a shame you can only get it on prescription, but having experienced how effective it is, I might see if I can get one for myself.

Soldato

Yes, if its a bad hayfever season I get asthmatic so need an inhaler, I'm not normally asthmatic any other time.

Caporegime
Yes, if its a bad hayfever season I get asthmatic so need an inhaler, I'm not normally asthmatic any other time.
Thanks for replying, can't remember if I updated but yeah that's what it was. The poor woman can't catch a break but fortunately it's better now.

Associate
Not sure what is going on this year but it's been so bad. Soon as I step outside it gets out of control, and indoors is still pretty bad. Don't remember a year like it, and last year was hardly noticeable.

Soldato
The last week I've had the worst hayfeaver I've had in 10, 15 maybe 20 years! it's like being a kid again.

I thought Fridays day of rain would wipe it out, nope bad again today. What the hell is going on?

/tinfoil is it the vaccine!

Associate
Not sure what is going on this year but it's been so bad. Soon as I step outside it gets out of control, and indoors is still pretty bad. Don't remember a year like it, and last year was hardly noticeable.

Just a guess, but maybe the cold spring we had, followed by a warm June. All the pollen come at once?

Back
Top Bottom