• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling to CEX

Associate
Hey all, just had a quick question about selling old GPUs to CEX. I think i saw something on here in another post saying they don’t need to be boxed but do you need to give the card a once over with some compressed air or do they just take as is and pay the quoted price?

Associate
OP
Ah ok thanks. So the prices advertised are to give an estimate then they grade from there based on condition. It’s certainly not in bad condition but there’s a bit of dust build up of the fans.

to be honest my main reason for going this route is convenience so if a go over with air makes it smother then great.

Associate
OP
If i had a 3080 i would certainly not be selling it LOL, i actually have a 2070 super but trying to get a 3080FE as seems a good time to upgrade with the current resale values of older cards and the price of the FE if you can get one. I usually run my cards into the ground and before the 2070 i had crossfire 7970s running strong for years

Soldato
Ah ok thanks. So the prices advertised are to give an estimate then they grade from there based on condition.

As far as I'm aware, the prices quoted are what they will pay for an item in the specified condition. So if your item meets the "A" grading then you will get what is quoted. However, what throws a spanner in the works is that they don't appear to grade GPUs, so I'm not sure how it will work in this instance :/

Soldato
Hey all, just had a quick question about selling old GPUs to CEX. I think i saw something on here in another post saying they don’t need to be boxed but do you need to give the card a once over with some compressed air or do they just take as is and pay the quoted price?

Looking at current price I wouldnt sell it at CEX unless you were desperate. Its under 2nd hand prices in a "normal" world unless you go for the voucher.

Associate
CEX dont use a grading system for GPUs.
There is no "A" grade or anything like with phones. (Where A grade needs the box etc, B grade good condition etc)

If the card works, you get the price advertised on the website.
I have seen some pretty grubby looking cards on sale there, so not sure how bad it would need to be before they reject it.

You dont need the box or anything else with it to get the price advertised. Only exception would be like the 12-pin power adapter with the FE cards, as they wont be able to test it without that.

Yh you don’t need the box, they will test it and sell as is, although you’d get slightly more for the card if you had the box

Where did you hear they give more for the card if it has a box? Never seen that mentioned.
I have sold them a few cards, 1 with box the rest without. No difference in price paid. It was always exactly what was quoted on the website.

Associate
There is no "A" grade or anything like with phones. (Where A grade needs the box etc, B grade good condition etc)

I have seen some pretty grubby looking cards on sale there, so not sure how bad it would need to be before they reject it.

You dont need the box or anything else with it to get the price advertised. Only exception would be like the 12-pin power adapter with the FE cards, as they wont be able to test it without that.

Where did you hear they give more for the card if it has a box? Never seen that mentioned.
I have sold them a few cards, 1 with box the rest without. No difference in price paid. It was always exactly what was quoted on the website.

Think it's an American thing with the boxes.

Associate
OP
Looking at current price I wouldnt sell it at CEX unless you were desperate. Its under 2nd hand prices in a "normal" world unless you go for the voucher.

to be honest it was more to do with convenience and simplicity. I’m not familiar with selling on ebay and seem to hear a lot about scams and lack of support for sellers if something goes wrong. With facebook marketplace, again not familiar with it and not overly keen on meeting a stranger in a car park so CEX seemed the simplest, if not most cost efficient way to offload.

Soldato
to be honest it was more to do with convenience and simplicity. I’m not familiar with selling on ebay and seem to hear a lot about scams and lack of support for sellers if something goes wrong. With facebook marketplace, again not familiar with it and not overly keen on meeting a stranger in a car park so CEX seemed the simplest, if not most cost efficient way to offload.

I can understand that. Just a pity you dont have Members Market access.

Soldato

This, no grading for GPUs.

Associate
Most of the gpu I have seen in my local CEX don't come with a box, I have sold them 5 gpu, 4 with box, one without. I got advertised price for all of them. They will test that it works and provide payment afterwards. You don't need to clean the cards very well, I just removed the worst of the dust, but they were all in good condition when I sold

Man of Honour
Yep I sold my 1070ti there for £276 last week, didn't have the original box but I did put it in an antistatic bag and box from another card.
I can understand that. Just a pity you dont have Members Market access.
Depends how much you paid; one of the problems with MM is the sale price is capped at what you paid originally, so its not viable for some graphics cards where the market value has gone up and/or you got a bargain to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom