• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

eBay - RX6800 eBay Sale Going Wrong

Soldato
By his language i'm putting money on him blowing the power supply or the leads melting to the card. You might be lucky and get your card back but its dicey to say the least.

MM access or not have you not seen the zillion threads on ebay problems. Facebook marketplace and face to face with cash or back transfer, never paypal!

Soldato
I've always sold my old PC parts on there and never had any issues except one time with a 4790K + MB + ram bundle I sold which the guy messaged me saying he wanted to return as it wasn't booting so I msg him back telling him to reset CMOS and he said it worked fine after that so its not always scammers and some people buying this stuff genuinely just don't have much knowledge of PCs.

Soldato
They don't, they already said.

But the buyer doesn't need to know that ;)

The buyers address isn't that far away.
I could drive there in an hour and a half or so.

For the sake of the £1k+ I'm assuming you stand to lose, I would pose this as a solution. You'll come help them troubleshoot and collect the card in person if it does turn out to be faulty. After verifying it is the correct card of course. ;)

Soldato
What's the point as there is no way to say that is what you have posted :confused:

If you take a photo of the card, with the serial number, and a hand written note of your user id, or even go to the extent of including the invoice then if they send back a different card with a different serial number you know whats happened. Some people use UV security pens, you can even just get a permanent marker and blob the corner of the PCB somewhere then photo it. Problem is with Ebay its nigh on impossible for sellers to prove their case. Had it a few times when I actually won the case one when an Italian buyer said he didnt receive the item but the tracking showed he did and Ebay closed the case, another where a guy didnt receive the item just an empty torn jiffy bag. Ebay refunded his money but said it wasnt my fault and closed the case!

OP I would request the "Professionals" report on the item and call their bluff. Also ask for pictures of the card before its sent back particularly if they say there is damage showing your serial number on it. Tell them you recorded the serial number too even if you didnt.

Soldato
Yeah this is bad, already sounds scammy from the opening message, some "professional" involved, PC "blew up" and asking for a refund right off the bat. Probably saw that the listing didn't have a serial number in the photos so going for the good ol' switcharoo with a broken card method. If it's anything that has a serial number, have to make sure it's clearly included in the photos, even if you have note of it, how do you prove it to eBay if there's no evidence in original listing?

One time I had an issue with a motherboard I sold on there, buyer just double checked with me it was working and walked him through some troubleshooting steps, problem ended up on his end.

Soldato
Good luck OP. Hope you took plenty of pictures of the card, serial number etc. Does the buyer live far from your address? Might be worth a drive id say if possible...

Back
Top Bottom