Post Your Garden!

Soldato
Anyone’s grass deteriorated in the past few weeks due to the higher temps? Ours is littered in white/purple like clover which attracts all the bees which isn’t great with three kids running on it. Anything I can do? It looks horrendous
Use a lawn weed killer….it kills the weeds but not the grass
Careful though. As my Mum always says: you'll soon find once you use this stuff that your lawn is technically mostly weeds than lawn :p

Soldato
Anyone’s grass deteriorated in the past few weeks due to the higher temps? Ours is littered in white/purple like clover which attracts all the bees which isn’t great with three kids running on it. Anything I can do? It looks horrendous

My lawn hasn't deteriorated as such, kept it watered and fed since April. Maybe needs a wee boost with some feed shortly. In terms of the clova though if you rake it with a lawn rake, not too roughly though, it should pick up most of the looser stuff and take care of the roots as well. I normally rake my lawn a couple of times a year and its kept at bay.

Soldato
Finally cut the new lawn-
I killed it off last July then raked and scarified it till got all crap out and kept raking over time along with weed killing - So went from this

YEaqABa.jpg

To this - That is last of three lawns I have carried out the same proccess -

pZatbNN.jpg

If they go crap again I will just spread wild flower seeds on it and cut it once a year.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There go:

0GUVwAr_d.webp

Caporegime
I'm going to be pointing my patio soon, been given advice on doing it manually (cement, soft sand, plastering sand), or I can spend a small fortune on buying EasyJoint.

Thoughts?

It's about 37sqm

Associate
I'm going to be pointing my patio soon, been given advice on doing it manually (cement, soft sand, plastering sand), or I can spend a small fortune on buying EasyJoint.

Thoughts?

It's about 37sqm

What is your patio made of? We've just used easyjoint on 64sqm of smooth sandstone and it was fantastic. 10mm gaps and 1200x600 slabs used 4 tubs. Perfect finish and it was incredibly easy. Could probably do it in an hour and zero mess. We took about 2 hours and spent time running along each joing a few times with a pointing iron to really compact it in. Probably unnecessary though.

Back
Top Bottom