• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can’t get over just how brilliant the 48” CX Oled is on my Xbox.
Can’t get over just how crisp the picture is and now I’m getting used to the size as I found it massive from a 32” lcd screen that I’ve been using for the past 10+ yrs lol.

I was a little disappointed when I first got mine, I found it too dark and lacking shadow detail. I love the 120hz mode and the other gaming features though.

There's a firmware update that adds a new "Game" UI menu when you click the cog button on the remote, reminds me of Afterburner.

Soldato
That's in the US so chances are it will be a US code which you probably won't be able to use in the UK :confused:

Possibly, but i’d wager a lot of money that if you got hold of MS support and told them the situation, they’ll apply 3 “UK months” to your account. Some codes are also not region locked.

Caporegime
I was a little disappointed when I first got mine, I found it too dark and lacking shadow detail. I love the 120hz mode and the other gaming features though.

There's a firmware update that adds a new "Game" UI menu when you click the cog button on the remote, reminds me of Afterburner.
I found it a bit dark as well but I’ve become used to it along with the size.
I have the latest firmware but I don’t see the game UI menu, think that’s only for the C1 versions. But they will be releasing that option for the cx versions at some point this year.

Soldato
I found it a bit dark as well but I’ve become used to it along with the size.
I have the latest firmware but I don’t see the game UI menu, think that’s only for the C1 versions. But they will be releasing that option for the cx versions at some point this year.

Ah, don't worry, you're not missing anything, it's just one less click to get to the game settings, handy to have though.

Soldato
Bit of an odd one but since the firmware update on the C1 I've noticed that the HDR icon has changed to Dolby Vision in Cold War. The colours seem less punchy now too. Anyone else getting this?

Caporegime
Bit of an odd one but since the firmware update on the C1 I've noticed that the HDR icon has changed to Dolby Vision in Cold War. The colours seem less punchy now too. Anyone else getting this?
Also keep in mind that you might need to adjust certain picture settings.
I’m hoping that my 48” cx gets the Dolby vision gaming update soon, no time frame but from what I have read LG are looking to releasing one soon.

Soldato
Dolby Vision will provide accurate colors rather than exaggerated ones.

Yes, it's forcing it when it's not doing Dolby Vision natively, looks horrible, going past HGIG.

Also keep in mind that you might need to adjust certain picture settings.
I’m hoping that my 48” cx gets the Dolby vision gaming update soon, no time frame but from what I have read LG are looking to releasing one soon.

I read this year so fingers crossed.

DV games don't exist yet the xbox is converting the HDR 10 signal to DV so it's best to disable it for now until we get titles that support it properly.

https://youtu.be/4NXR5VQxo-s

Thanks! That's better, looked dreadful. As usual Vincent coming up with the goods.

Soldato
Doom Eternal X version is up, nearly 58gb of it :D

Still no mouse and keyboard support though ffs.

Will give it a spin on the SX but if i crank the difficulty up it will be on my PC. It's 75gb on GP for PC though.

Just had a 5 minute spin on on it earlier just to look at the different modes, the RT isn't as immediately striking to me as it was on the other game I keep blathering on about ... but will have a good test later on. Been waiting for this update to play the game, and I think from my quick testing, I might prefer the 120fps mode.

Soldato
I thought doom was already upgraded ? Ray tracing sounds good for me 120fps does not offer much over 60fps I can’t tell much difference. Will have to have another go although I remember being stuck.

Associate
I wasn’t planning on getting a Series X (PC+PS5) but now considering switching from PC completely to console ,so now want a Series X too,what’s the best way to find stock at the moment? do they come in stock regularly?

Caporegime
I wasn’t planning on getting a Series X (PC+PS5) but now considering switching from PC completely to console ,so now want a Series X too,what’s the best way to find stock at the moment? do they come in stock regularly?

MS Store, Amazon, comes probably around once a week and they last MUCH longer than Playstation 5. I would say if you keep tabs on this thread, it will still be there for like an hour sometimes after someone comment on it.

Soldato
I thought doom was already upgraded ? Ray tracing sounds good for me 120fps does not offer much over 60fps I can’t tell much difference. Will have to have another go although I remember being stuck.

It really does, for me an anyway.

Doom allows you to swap between them fairly easily, so it's easy to check out. For example: Put it on 60 FPS, and swing your character around fast 360 degrees. Then put it on 120 and do the same thing.

Very clear difference on my TV, though admittedly not as big as 30 --> 60

Soldato

I did the same, you won't regret it. I made a small fortune selling off my pc and moving to Series X

I got mine by searching for part alerts on twitter, some of them give you a heads up on sites getting stock so you can create an account and get your details ready then just F5 the site until they appear

Associate
I did the same, you won't regret it. I made a small fortune selling off my pc and moving to Series X
Yeah,specially since I only use my PC for gaming ,connected to a TV using controller,but it’s tempting to sell it and move to console completely as it’s worth 4x price of Series X,I don’t think I’m getting 4x enjoyment from it maybe it’s 1.5 times better?
also my TV while high end, is only 60hz so some of PCs power is bottlenecked by the TV anyway.
I got mine by searching for part alerts on twitter, some of them give you a heads up on sites getting stock so you can create an account and get your details ready then just F5 the site until they appear
Yeah that’s how I got my PS5 but most of them seem to be focused on PS5 ,will try more tho.

Man of Honour

Also important; if you get an alert (especially for Microsoft Store) but it seems you've missed out; keep refreshing it as it often appears back.

Back
Top Bottom