*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Sadly I am currently stuck on 220000.1, with the cumulative update to 220000.51 completely stuck :'(

Error code is 0x800f0988, but the normal fixes (Clean up winSxS, clear update folder) haven't worked. Currently doing a full virus scan (to be sure) but the final option of manually installing isn't possible as Insider KBs don't appear in the normal repository :(

Open to any other suggestions (would rather not blat it, just yet)

Permabanned
PC Health Check App

With these minimum system requirements in mind, the PC Health Check app was intended to help people check if their current Windows 10 PC could upgrade to Windows 11. Based on the feedback so far, we acknowledge that it was not fully prepared to share the level of detail or accuracy you expected from us on why a Windows 10 PC doesn’t meet upgrade requirements. We are temporarily removing the app so that our teams can address the feedback. We will get it back online in preparation for general availability this fall. In the meantime, you can visit our minimum system requirements page here to learn more.

Windows 11 Specifications - Microsoft

Don
Sadly I am currently stuck on 220000.1, with the cumulative update to 220000.51 completely stuck :'(

Error code is 0x800f0988, but the normal fixes (Clean up winSxS, clear update folder) haven't worked. Currently doing a full virus scan (to be sure) but the final option of manually installing isn't possible as Insider KBs don't appear in the normal repository :(

Open to any other suggestions (would rather not blat it, just yet)

Download UUP with integrated cumulative rollup and do in place upgrade

Man of Honour
The 'hybrid' mix of settings app and classic control panel applets still exists! The settings app has had a considerable redesign though.
Yeah, one of the first things I did was ncpa.cpl to see if the old control panel items existed. It would be good to see them gone for good.

Soldato
Yeah, one of the first things I did was ncpa.cpl to see if the old control panel items existed. It would be good to see them gone for good.

I like the old control panel. I have it as my homepage.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Permabanned
ncpa.cpl < take you to Network Devices, if you mean the actual Control Panel it is still there if you have the Icon for it on your Desktop (not sure if a clean install it may be missing or not).

I have it on my Desktop but no icon here:

2021-06-29-1.png

Soldato
PC Health Check App

With these minimum system requirements in mind, the PC Health Check app was intended to help people check if their current Windows 10 PC could upgrade to Windows 11. Based on the feedback so far, we acknowledge that it was not fully prepared to share the level of detail or accuracy you expected from us on why a Windows 10 PC doesn’t meet upgrade requirements. We are temporarily removing the app so that our teams can address the feedback. We will get it back online in preparation for general availability this fall. In the meantime, you can visit our minimum system requirements page here to learn more.

Windows 11 Specifications - Microsoft

I fully expected the **** poor level of accuracy and lack of detail but it didn't stop me hoping that one day they might actually prepare properly for a significant launch event.:cry:

Caporegime
I've just stuck the Windows 11 Insider Preview on my Asus ROG G14.
Quite like it, it's really slick.

There's definitely some work to be done with transitions.
This OS might be really good for the Surface/touchscreen stuff to be honest, in the same way 8/8.1 was.

Permabanned
No sure but they can surely Google it after someone puts in a post (all one word) like above.

At the end of the day you still need a licence key so correct it is no Warez but you never know with some of the rules here.

V F

V F

Soldato
ncpa.cpl < take you to Network Devices, if you mean the actual Control Panel it is still there if you have the Icon for it on your Desktop (not sure if a clean install it may be missing or not).

I have it on my Desktop but no icon here:

2021-06-29-1.png

Geez, the GUI looks grotesque. Still never been a fan of the 10 UI either.

Back
Top Bottom