Would love recommendations for a new mouse

Associate
Also split between a new mouse. currently on a deathadder. Split between Viper ultimate and Model O Wireless at the moment. Model O seems the much better option for the price but tempted by the dock and the ease of use.

Soldato
Another for the G502. I've got two of them, One I keep in my bag with my laptop and the other stays with my home PC.
They regularly come up for around £35

Associate
I wanted to try out the white version of the G Pro X superlight to see how it holds up over time, but its still rather expensive at the moment. And the extra buttons on the g502 are too good to give up.

Associate
I've used Logitech for years now and the only issues I had were where the cables entered the mouse broke, which were replaced under warranty.
I have the G502 wired and bought the G502 light speed wireless with no issues so far, that was nearly 2 years ago with constant gaming.

Associate
I wanted to try out the white version of the G Pro X superlight to see how it holds up over time, but its still rather expensive at the moment. And the extra buttons on the g502 are too good to give up.

This... I've used G502 for a while now and recently bought the G Pro X.
I love the G Pro X, but I really mis the extra buttons!!!

The G Pro X has certainly spoiled me now in terms of the weight as the G502 now feels like a tank!

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I'll recommend the Logitech G305, pretty incredible for the price, small, feels great in the hand, long battery. It's a wireless mouse, you'll never want to go back to wired : D

Permabanned
My G502 has now started acting up and I'm so looking for a new mouse. But I also play MMORPGS so would also like some more buttons if possible.

I found with the mmorpg mice that it depends how you use a mouse as to whether they are a success or not. Different people use mice in different ways. I tend to lift my mouse as I am using it, and also rest my thumb on the thumb rest. For me, the extra buttons on a mmorpg mouse or the lack of thumb rest are a real problem. I can't rest my thumb, nor can I pick the mouse up without activating a button! As yet I haven't found one that suits me. You could be different though.

Associate
I found with the mmorpg mice that it depends how you use a mouse as to whether they are a success or not. Different people use mice in different ways. I tend to lift my mouse as I am using it, and also rest my thumb on the thumb rest. For me, the extra buttons on a mmorpg mouse or the lack of thumb rest are a real problem. I can't rest my thumb, nor can I pick the mouse up without activating a button! As yet I haven't found one that suits me. You could be different though.
I can't say I've ever had a problem with clicking the side buttons by mistake. The problem I have right now with my G502 is that sometimes when pressed, the Button A does function of Button B and vice versa, or sometimes doesn't register at all.
I've looked at G502 Lightspeed but people are saying there is a double click issue with them? I don't want to spend £90 on a mouse with common build quality issue.

Associate
My G502 Hero lasted just over a year before the double click thing kicked in. Got a Glorious Model O wireless which is excellent (can't comment on long term reliability though as it's still new).

Associate
I'm not very familiar with mice, I've only ever used razer gear for everything, and only used the razer viper (which was wayyyy too light), a small razer mouse, and the razer deathadder elite.

***no competitor linking please***

Great mouse that I used for over a year, but after it broke and I had it replaced 2 more times, the same issue persisted often and I'm wanting to move away from razer now.

I feel very uncomfortable doing so as I compete at a semi - high level in gaming, and really dont want to mess myself up with a new mouse thats way too different from my original. Has anyone got any similar recommendations to these stats?

Thank you so much for any help, greatly appreciated :)

Here is a great site for mouse reviews.

Rocket Jump Ninja | Rocket Jump Ninja

Back
Top Bottom