Freeman of the Land / Bonkers Theories

Commissario
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through drew, it sounds like you're taking the best course of action to protect yourself personally, and the business already.

Unfortunately a lot of the "common law" and "freemen of the land" types tend to probably need psychiatric help as they're basically falling into a cult and it's often extremely destructive to their personal lives, their careers and their relationships.

Soldato
I'd guess it's this

https://www.commonlawcourt.com/

The forums are good for a laugh.

No surprise to see they're selling stuff to people.
Man, this is hysterical. I'm a few pages into a court paper they wrote up where they sued Theresa May for the 5G rollout, and have stated in the evidence that E.ON removed a husband of the jury's smart meter due to health issues :cry: They also ruled that Theresa May must repay all of her salaries, benefits and a £5,555,555.55 fine :p

Edit: its a brief but fun read:
https://www.commonlawcourt.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Court-Order-1.pdf

Soldato
Don't usually get involved in threads like these but I've had a grown up drink, so I'll have a quick stab at it.

I completely cut off contact with my mother about a year ago. She's been a narcissistic, toxic, selfish, influence for well over 30 years. Before that, I guess at least I was clothed and fed growing up.

For me, my own kids reaching their teens and she'd only seen them when we made the effort to visit her caused the truths being told session that ended with me deciding I've had enough.

I'm never going to be happy about it.

I'm confident I made the right decision for myself and my family.

I wish you good luck.

I've also cut my mother out. But more because she constantly hangs on every word my narcissitic sister utters and disregards me and my other two sisters. Plenty of the extended family saw my sister for what she is and warned my mum but she was so bent on being her best mate rather than her mother she refused to see it. She lives just 4 miles away but we used to live less than half a mile away and like you, only saw my kids if we made effort, yet she will, at the drop of a hat, travel 20 mile by public transport to go and see my sister's kids. It's gotten much worse in the last 5 years, since my Dad died & I believe he was the voice that was telling her she was in the wrong.

To put it into a context. About 16 years ago I found myself with no place to live after a relationship break up (ex cheated), my mother didn't want me back at the family home (a 4 bed house ith just her and Dad). I discovered that my sis and my ex had been talking and my sis had told my mum that she wasn't seeing her grandkids if I was allowed back home. My Dad was furious & threatened to kick her out, the only time I've seen their marriage hit rocks.

My other 2 sisters make an effort to see my kids and will often cajole my mum to come with them but I will go out of the house. I've no interest anymore. My 2 year old treats her like a stranger when she comes. But I won't stand in the way if they want a relationship with her later down the line & I'll be there to pick up the pieces when it all goes wrong.

Associate
OP
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through drew, it sounds like you're taking the best course of action to protect yourself personally, and the business already.

Unfortunately a lot of the "common law" and "freemen of the land" types tend to probably need psychiatric help as they're basically falling into a cult and it's often extremely destructive to their personal lives, their careers and their relationships.

Thank you, thats very kind of you. I can't begin to explain the emotional roller coaster, we were set to complete next Friday based on financing being in place, hes now changed his agreement a third time, I won't share the content but it's bizarre.

It's hard enough running a business in current times, I guess if I can get through this I can get through most things.

Associate
OP
I've also cut my mother out. But more because she constantly hangs on every word my narcissitic sister utters and disregards me and my other two sisters. Plenty of the extended family saw my sister for what she is and warned my mum but she was so bent on being her best mate rather than her mother she refused to see it. She lives just 4 miles away but we used to live less than half a mile away and like you, only saw my kids if we made effort, yet she will, at the drop of a hat, travel 20 mile by public transport to go and see my sister's kids. It's gotten much worse in the last 5 years, since my Dad died & I believe he was the voice that was telling her she was in the wrong.

To put it into a context. About 16 years ago I found myself with no place to live after a relationship break up (ex cheated), my mother didn't want me back at the family home (a 4 bed house ith just her and Dad). I discovered that my sis and my ex had been talking and my sis had told my mum that she wasn't seeing her grandkids if I was allowed back home. My Dad was furious & threatened to kick her out, the only time I've seen their marriage hit rocks.

My other 2 sisters make an effort to see my kids and will often cajole my mum to come with them but I will go out of the house. I've no interest anymore. My 2 year old treats her like a stranger when she comes. But I won't stand in the way if they want a relationship with her later down the line & I'll be there to pick up the pieces when it all goes wrong.

Sad isn't it, you can't pick family! I'm embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviour, everyone says not to be, but it's not that easy.

Caporegime
Nothing to be embarrassed nor ashamed by. There are some pretty clever and helpful people on this forum (contrary to what you've probably seen and present company excluded [me, not you]) so you keep on keeping on and share if you need to vent :)

Soldato
Sad isn't it, you can't pick family! I'm embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviour, everyone says not to be, but it's not that easy.

Certainly can't. But as Mag and obviously the people around you said, nothing to be embarrased about. I just focus on the family that does want to be a part of my life without the attempts to make it extremely difficult.

Associate
Totally understand what you are saying but I respectfully disagree. You can pick family if you want to. That's how I'm living now, my friends are my family and any actual family who are worthy of being on my friends list. Respect yourself, know where the lines are for you and don't allow someone to cross them just because of 5 minutes of biology all those years ago.
:p

Associate
OP
This is going really badly. We're at the stage now where we had an agreement to buy him out and he's moved the goalposts and upped his demands (because he can).

I'm now at the stage where I may need to put the business through a prepack administration to wipe him out.
As it stands we have a healthy balance sheet so it would be more of a restructure process than a method to wipe out debt.

I just need another board member, considering he tried to demote me from MD three months ago and put my colleague as MD due to my lack of ability to run the company to his satisfaction (been doing it for ten years but heyho).

Due to our accreditations though I really don't want to go down this route but may have no alternative.

Associate
OP
Just found out my friend split from his wife because of her nuts Covid theories. He'd been keeping it to himself for months. Mad how deep CT can run, ruining a 15 year marriage
That’s sad. Nothing surprises me with this crowd, they really are totally brainwashed, the problem is there is no leader to get rid of. My father is hooked on Dr Charlie Ward and Simon Parkes of my mothers an alien fame.

The Peoples Lawyer is equally insidious with his i don’t pay taxes by just telling the HMRC I don’t exist. So many weak minded people are latching on to these cranks.

Caporegime
Just found out my friend split from his wife because of her nuts Covid theories. He'd been keeping it to himself for months. Mad how deep CT can run, ruining a 15 year marriage

Surely it's intolerance to opposing views on your friends part that's ruined the marriage? suppose they split a year ago because she was telling him that COVID leaked from a Wuhan lab, or just prior the 2020 US election because she was telling him that Hunter Biden's laptop is real, or 2016-19 at the height of Mueller investigation because he didn't believe her when she said that there was no and never would be evidence of Trump-Russia collusion. She would have been right on all accounts and your friend basically threw away his marriage because he wants to live within echo chambers.

It's the old argument of wanting to believe painful truths or comforting lies, people feel safer and legitimised when they're a part of the larger group even if that's not the case. Nobody can be right all of the time even though those who still watch corporate media think that they're never wrong because to them mainstream concensus = fact.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Surely it's intolerance to opposing views that's ruined the marriage on your friends part? suppose they split a year ago because she was telling him that COVID leaked from a Wuhan lab, or just prior the 2020 US election because she was telling him that Hunter Biden's laptop is real, or 2016-19 at the height of Mueller investigation because he didn't believe her when she said that there was no and never would be evidence of Trump-Russia collusion. She would have been right on all accounts and your friend basically threw away his marriage because he wants to live within echo chambers.

It's the old argument of wanting to believe painful truths or comforting lies.

There is stuff that happens in the world and is not beyond the possible realms of reality then there is out and out cranks selling USB sticks to protect you from 5g for £150.

I’m not opposed to certain ideas, but believing Biden is dead and an actor is in his place, that Hilary Clinton died of Kuru and that Trump will ascend to power in August you must realise that these are bat doo doo crazy.

Soldato
Surely it's intolerance to opposing views on your friends part that's ruined the marriage? suppose they split a year ago because she was telling him that COVID leaked from a Wuhan lab, or just prior the 2020 US election because she was telling him that Hunter Biden's laptop is real, or 2016-19 at the height of Mueller investigation because he didn't believe her when she said that there was no and never would be evidence of Trump-Russia collusion. She would have been right on all accounts and your friend basically threw away his marriage because he wants to live within echo chambers.

It's the old argument of wanting to believe painful truths or comforting lies, people feel safer and legitimised when they're a part of the larger group even if that's not the case. Nobody can be right all of the time even though those who still watch corporate media think that they're never wrong because to them mainstream concensus = fact.
So are you Drew's business partner, his dad, or the other posters friend's husband?

Soldato
Some of these guys are hilarious - number plates, council tax and TV licensing tend to be key areas where they kick off. AFAIK they tend to pay most bills unless they get into silly debt situations then they try the freeman BS too, just like Tom Crawford in Nottingham.

The middle one is quite entertaining if you just watch a little bit of the first part then skip to the last 30 seconds or so...

Guy with no numberplate:

Bloke who hasn't paid his council tax then starts filming in the court reception area and police

Some idiot actually in court trying to get out of paying council tax:

thank you very much for sharing these. I really enjoyed watching and haven’t laughed like that in quite some time!

Soldato
Surely it's intolerance to opposing views on your friends part that's ruined the marriage?

She was skeptical at first, he's very patient. Now she's raving about NWO, population control and the infamous "they".

This woman went from being as normal as they come to believing a few hours a day scrolling Facebook is worth more than any medical research

Back
Top Bottom