• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics cards prices on the mend- Scalpers losses

Associate
You'd always be adding 100 to 150 for AIB anyway above AMD's unrealistic MSRP, so OCUK prices aren't THAT much higher considering.

And retailers aren't scalping - they are charging what they have to as the wholesale cost is high.

Normally AIBs charge 20% extra for a better quality card, this is exactly the same reference card sold directly by AMD elsewhere in the world, its not an improved card. No wonder prices are crazy high if people think £899.99 isn't much more than £502.33.

Associate
More and more MSI 3080 Ti’s (and 3080’s) in stock from UK retailers… good luck scalpers, retail prices are high so I doubt they will be buying them up any time soon.

Stock levels are holding, so I can actually do some window shopping :cry:

Permabanned
OP
More and more MSI 3080 Ti’s (and 3080’s) in stock from UK retailers… good luck scalpers, retail prices are high so I doubt they will be buying them up any time soon.

Stock levels are holding, so I can actually do some window shopping :cry:

:) Once this is fixed , we need some new AAA PC games for 2021

Soldato
You'd always be adding 100 to 150 for AIB anyway above AMD's unrealistic MSRP, so OCUK prices aren't THAT much higher considering.

And retailers aren't scalping - they are charging what they have to as the wholesale cost is high.
You say that but those 3090s in stock on OCUK were £2600-3000 6 weeks ago and are now £2000-£2300 so I guess they are taking a hit on those.

Soldato
"Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Dragon 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
GX-19D-PC
£324.99
£324.99

FREE WITH GX-19D-PC: AMD XBox Game Pass For PC Promotion EPXY86D4U6V7QG56
XX-02Q-AM
FOR FREE!
FOR FREE!

FREE WITH GX-19D-PC: AMD Raise the Game GPU Bundle - Resident Evil 3, Monster Hunter World & Xbox 3 month pass E6VRVPJGJG7E97NZ2EF7
XX-02V-AM
FOR FREE!
FOR FREE!"

6700XT or 3070 for < 500 with some games or GTFO

Soldato
looking at 6800xt sales yesterday on scalpers paradise, 3 were sold from £940 to 1200. so they have a fair way to go yet to get anywhere near normality, 6 months maybe a yr

Permabanned
OP
By saying they have no intent to every make anymore mining gpu versions so if you dont swap then you will never get your card.

I have understood what's going on a little more since spending time on this forum.

There are indeed miners and scalpers amongst us, I reckon some people have 2 plus gpus and claim we are gamers as well etc , they are mining and some also scalple cards too.

So retailers/AIB etc set their prices high because of them. Now with the China, Iran etc issued Cryoto mining bans and UK crypto exchange ban and UK banks looking to wage war on crypto for fraud rises and block crypto payments. The mining has tumbled and people have reduced the buying up of GPUs so price has come down.

I've noticed NV have not released their mining cards yet? But there are a lot of LHR cards in stores as miners won't touch them ;)

Associate
yeah checked a local one stock is appearing but its about double the price what it should be. It will be the supply chain too driving the price up as shipping is still through the roof for example.
Wouldnt shipping affect all goods not just gpus? And i dont see massive inflation across all goods. Tbh theres a lot of money being made somewhere and they wont give it up easily. The only way prices will drop is if more money can be made at selling high volume at low price vs low volumes high price (current situation). Once the rich boys and gals have all paid up and no more cards are being sold ar inflated prices then the manufacturers will be forced into lowering prices to open the market back up. The lhr cards are just there to make you think they care about gamers and to protect that market share if mining bottoms out. Eggs and baskets and all that.

Soldato
A lot of people who want to buy more than one card genuinely have a need though so I don't know why there is anger and pessimism towards them trying to buy multiple. 3 people in my house have PCs which we all want to be able to game on for example. I also build machines every so often for friends and family and many are saying they need refreshes now and want to be able to do even some light gaming. Trouble with "light" gaming, is that they still want to be able to play modern games at good FPS on large screens. I've had to tell them of the situation and setup their own account online and tell them how to buy the parts. But the whole monitoring discord thing for alerts is way beyond their ability, time and care levels. lol

Associate
Wouldnt shipping affect all goods not just gpus? And i dont see massive inflation across all goods. Tbh theres a lot of money being made somewhere and they wont give it up easily. The only way prices will drop is if more money can be made at selling high volume at low price vs low volumes high price (current situation). Once the rich boys and gals have all paid up and no more cards are being sold ar inflated prices then the manufacturers will be forced into lowering prices to open the market back up. The lhr cards are just there to make you think they care about gamers and to protect that market share if mining bottoms out. Eggs and baskets and all that.

Exactly if the price rises on a gpu, lets say £400 is necessary, because of shipping and increased cardboard costs then why haven't the price of PC cases jumped by hundreds, each PC case uses more cardboard in packaging and takes up more space in a shipping container than a gpu does so why haven't they jumped up in price by more than £400

Back
Top Bottom