Electric shavers

Soldato
Are they any good?
Looking for a decent one i tried a rechargeable in the past but it was useful nevee held a change and was always getting snagged by it

Soldato
I have a Philishave 5000 series (wet & dry) and it's fine, holds a charge well and lasts long enough to do my face and the sides of my head a few times a week. Don't think it's ever ran out of charge yet, but I charge it fully once a month which takes about 30 minutes. Being able to use it in the shower with shaving cream/gel is a bonus.

Soldato
I tried some of the best Braun and Philips ones and they are improved since the old days but still really poor cutting on my neck and have to go over and over areas.

Best used every day when stubble is very short still.

Sometimes i start using electric, get annoyed and switch to razor to get the job done.

Associate
Have a look at a Braun series 9 with the self cleaner. I found mine to be excellant.

Same, never gone back. It's so lazy using electric as it's impossible to cut yourself with a decent shaver.

Even if you ram it into your face you'll be safe and secure in the knowledge that no blood will be split.

I only ever get the bladed shaver out for special occasions when I need a very close shave.

Caporegime
Are they any good?
Looking for a decent one i tried a rechargeable in the past but it was useful nevee held a change and was always getting snagged by it
I have a beard trimmer, looks more like a pair of clippers.

had it for like 5-6years now, still holds a 1hour charge, doesn't snag and it's pretty much one day stubble without the guard or I can digitally adjust how many millimetres I want my beard.
water proof too so it can be used in the shower.
it was only around 40-60quid at the time in boots, 10/10 purchase imo

the only time I tried the real shavers with the multiple rotating head things it was more like pulling than cutting. put me of them for life

Soldato
the only time I tried the real shavers with the multiple rotating head things it was more like pulling than cutting. put me of them for life

Never had that problem with rotary heads myself, and my facial hair is really tough. Foil shavers though, well that's a different matter entirely. Absolute agony.

Caporegime
Never had that problem with rotary heads myself, and my facial hair is really tough. Foil shavers though, well that's a different matter entirely. Absolute agony.
well it was like 2002 but it was an expensive one someone got me as a birthday present, I think Philips or Panasonic were the manufacturer.

tried it once and went straight back to the Gillette mach whatever
I'm not sure if my facial hair is exactly tough, but if I let it get too long when I'm laying in bed it will poke through my tshirt like tiny spikes impaling me :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
This comes up every year:

I've got the Braun series 9 as suggested above but also own the Panasonic ES-LV65 which thrashes it. In fact, nothing beats it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-...21&hvtargid=pla-565384449738&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I have one of the thickest beards ever to grace a human being and have been wet shaving for 35 years, tried everything from multi blade Gillette, Derby/feather blades etc, all of them left my face feeling dreadful. I finally took the plunge and bought the above unit last month and have been blown away quite honestly.

Sure, it's not quite as close but it's near enough, no soreness whatsoever, takes 3 mins rather than 20 and doesn't leave my face dry. Wouldn't go back to wet shaving now.

Back
Top Bottom