New MB and RAM for 5900x

Associate
Yes, it will be more like 5+ years.
My pc at the moment is like 7+ with minor upgrades.
Already i have 2 *nvme, one is gen4(samsung 980 pro) and a gen3 sabrent rocket.
I might for the refreshed mobo’s. The x570s series.
Yes, it will be more like 5+ years.
My pc at the moment is like 7+ with minor upgrades.
Already i have 2 *nvme, one is gen4(samsung 980 pro) and a gen3 sabrent rocket.

Excellent as they are fanless I think. I upgraded my Asus x470 Prime Pro to an Asus x570-f strix and couldn't be happier, much better board.

Last edited:
Soldato
Properly designed X570 boards already work pretty much passively, if you have good case cooling.
Especially MSI has excellent chipset coolers in X570 boards.
But except for X570 Tomahawks CPU VRMs (power circuitry) are substandard.

Associate
OP
Properly designed X570 boards already work pretty much passively, if you have good case cooling.
Especially MSI has excellent chipset coolers in X570 boards.
But except for X570 Tomahawks CPU VRMs (power circuitry) are substandard.

yea the plan is a Phanteks P500 or P600 or the Corsair 5000.
It will be with AIO cooler also.

but still undecided with the mobo :(

Soldato
It will be with AIO cooler also.
Arctic Freezer II is the only rational chosie in performance vs cost in those.
Most others just add lots of empty brand&fashion hype into price while with only few beign better in continuous cooling per noise over best heatpipe coolers.
(not that much surface area for dissipating heat to air in mid size slim radiators)

Associate
OP
Yea the arctic freezer is my choice, the 360 version.
Also i have few more AF Fans in my actual pc and they are very quiet and performant.
Really happy with them.

Associate
OP
Ok, another option came up as so many promotion happening around.
The Asus B550-E Gaming which cost me areound 130£, that is a very fair price for that board.

What you think?

Associate
Do you have to buy a cpu as well to qualify ?
Nope. Sellers website had link to offer when you're on the page with the mobo(if you click link shows you which boards etc are in promotion). If you just google it was finding last years promotion which was quite annoying(there was another promotion where you had to buy the cpu as well from last year). I ordered yesterday 5:45pm, paid for dpd next day and it's already been delivered(should have done free delivery as don't have a case yet but I didn't want to wait)...once dispatched got the e-invoice which I have already uploaded to Asus website..(you need to create an asus account), and promotion tells you participating retailers. Says 20 working days to be processed but would have thought it should be longer to stop people getting the money and then returning the goods).

Associate
Double checked again, OCuk is on list of retailers.. so promotion below

OCuk dropped price of B550 F gaming wifi to £139.99, so with deal that's £94.99, which is a steal.(downside of gaming f is no front usb-c i/o port for case but that's about it)

asus-diy-intel-cashback-lp.jpg

Associate
OP
Actually i went for B550-XE gaming, which one is like the E version, just tiny bit better VRM(he got as Dark Hero).

Now time for the rams, Crucial
ballistix vs G.Skill Trident Z Neo?

Associate
Actually i went for B550-XE gaming, which one is like the E version, just tiny bit better VRM(he got as Dark Hero).

Now time for the rams, Crucial
ballistix vs G.Skill Trident Z Neo?
I went Corsair pro vengeance 3600C18 in the end. I wanted 2*16 rather than 4*8...(can thank gamernexus for that by saying 2*16 out performs 4*8 sticks and also wanted rgb. Corsair did the rgb dummy ram so could get my 2*16 and still have 4 slots filled. Still have buyers regret not getting the ballistix though
Are you going to do overclocking etc?.will a few fps make a diff to you as one c17 and one c16. get the one you like the look of better then, or the cheaper if you like them both.

https://www.overclockers.com/crucial-ballistix-elite-ddr4-3600-review/ a quick read, ballistix elite though(not sure which you going for). Get's within 1% of trident for performance

Back
Top Bottom