What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Considering one of these as my next buy. Liking the contrast between the white “bezel” and blue watch face :) edit - Christopher Ward C65 Super Compressor, 41mm, and 47mm lug to lug.

E7-F4-E2-F3-0246-4-DDD-90-AF-7-FEACEED25-AA.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Considering one of these as my next buy. Liking the contrast between the white “bezel” and blue watch face :) edit - Christopher Ward C65 Super Compressor, 41mm, and 47mm lug to lug.
Just my opinion of course, but I think that is one of the outright ugliest diving watches I have ever seen. The bright red hand and 12 o clock bezel marking looks cheap and garish. The CW logo also looks really crap now that it is typed out in full words with that inelegant and overly rounded font. And for a grand? Christ. :eek:

I would take my budget elsewhere and get a watch from a more respectable brand with some pedigree and design chops that will actually hold some value. CW is imo a second-rate brand that capitalized on the initial popularity it had for providing elegant Swiss-made watches at reasonable prices then got carried away and priced itself out of the market a while ago.

For a grand I would rather get a Longines Hydroconquest which is imo a timeless design https://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/Longines-Conquest-VHP-Mens-Watch-L37424566/p/17470176

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the opinion @Richdog ill take a look at some other stuff too :) not sure what I’m really looking for next tbh. Not really interested in dress watches, as I rarely wear suits or blazers.

Soldato
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. By contrast, I really like the look of that CW watch precisely because of the red contrast markings! I wouldn’t give the Longines a second look. To my eyes it’s bland, dull and just like every other diving style watch on the market. That’s why it’s a timeless design - it’s dull. Complete snoreville.

Soldato
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. By contrast, I really like the look of that CW watch precisely because of the red contrast markings! I wouldn’t give the Longines a second look. To my eyes it’s bland, dull and just like every other diving style watch on the market. That’s why it’s a timeless design - it’s dull. Complete snoreville.
Indeed ! I think CW stands out from the crowd, and is a bit different. Which is what interested me in the first place :p

Soldato
Indeed ! I think CW stands out from the crowd, and is a bit different. Which is what interested me in the first place :p

We’re singing from the same hymn sheet. The red hands, the blue face and the white surround are all plus points for me. CW has produced some really interesting designs recently. It’s definitely a brand I’m keeping a close eye on.

Soldato
We’re singing from the same hymn sheet. The red hands, the blue face and the white surround are all plus points for me. CW has produced some really interesting designs recently. It’s definitely a brand I’m keeping a close eye on.
Aye. They do have some very nice pieces. I’d never heard of them until I started browsing watch forums. The case back looks great on the c65

6-D416-FDB-8-DA4-4415-B5-D7-26718794-AAC0.jpg

Associate
Ive got the C60 sapphire, which i think is a very nice watch. They've since bought out the orange and black versions which also look pretty cool.

That Super Compressor was heavily marketed about 6 months ago and I really disliked it, I saw it on the occasional 'nearly new' section on the website sub £500. Ive since seen it in the flesh and changed my mind completely and kicked myself for not picking it up at that sort of price.

If your in the vicinity of Maindenhead theyve got a showroom somewhere around those parts.

Soldato
Having spent a while umm-ing and arr-ing, finally bit the bullet and made a purchase:

L8oiorS.jpg

Terrible picture I'm afraid - looks so much better in real life...;)

Good choice; it's a smart looking watch. I'm considering getting one in favour of the MKii Tornek Rayville, which seems perpetually out of stock.

Back
Top Bottom